Level 1-8 is the eighth level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the eighth Day level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Repeater.
- Pole Vaulting Zombies do not appear in this level, making it a little bit easier.
- Buckethead Zombies are introduced in this level. They can be a challenge to newer or inexperienced players, due to their higher amount of health compared to Conehead Zombies. It is easy as long as the player uses effective strategies to deal with them.
- This level is slightly more difficult as it forces the player to congregate their defenses.
- Required plants:
- Generally, use the same strategy for Level 1-7, except that the Wall-nuts should be planted further away from the house.
- The first Buckethead Zombie comes quite early. When the first Buckethead Zombie comes, use a Potato Mine to kill it. You probably will not be ready to kill the Buckethead with a few Peashooters yet.
- With at least two Peashooters and one Snow Pea in each lane with a Wall-nut on each lane, you should be able to kill a Buckethead with no problem.
- As seen in the pictures in the gallery, start planting Sunflowers and Peashooters. Plant a Peashooter when you see the first zombie.
- An option could be to use Potato Mines when you see a Conehead Zombie or Buckethead Zombie and you're not ready yet.
- Plant Snow Peas in front of the Peashooters.
- Use Chompers to eat the Buckethead Zombies.
- When the wave starts, relax and watch. But if a Buckethead Zombie shows up, plant a Chomper after killing a zombie in front.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Level 1-8.
- It is the first level (if it is being played within the first playthrough) in which the player can choose their seeds.