Level 1-12 is a bonus level and also the twelfth Day level in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. The player must pay 20 gems to gain access to this level. To complete the level, the player must not spend any sun for 30 seconds.
- As the Hero Plants don't need any sun, the player can complete the objective easily.
- This level has a large amount of appearance of Buckethead Zombies from the first wave, which could make the player in trouble.
- Required plants:
- Complete the objective by using only your Hero Plant to kill the first zombies.
- Try to place two columns of Sunflowers, one column of Peashooters, one column of Repeaters, one column of Snow Peas, and one column of Wall-nuts to defend all of the plants.
- This will defend off all of the Buckethead Zombies.
- If a zombie eats through all of your defenses, you have a Lawn Mower to kill all of the zombies in that row. Zombies will not spawn on that row for a while, so it will give you time to fix your defenses.