Leprechaun Imp is an event zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability shuffles a Pot of Gold into the zombie hero's deck when he is played.
He is based on Imp's Luck O' The Zombie Piñata Party costume in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When he is played, he appears in a pot of gold, similarly to how Leprechaun Imps appear during the "Leprechauns!" ambush during the parties.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Imp Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Shuffle a Pot of Gold into your deck.
- Set: Event
When he offers to grant you a wish, do not wish for infinite wishes. It just doesn't work like that.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
- ▼ Ability change: When played: Shuffle two Pots of Gold into your deck. → When played: Shuffle a Pot of Gold into your deck.
Leprechaun Imp is a good card for any Brainy hero. He is similar to Sow Magic Beans as he shuffles a Pot of Gold into your deck. Being able to draw a cheap card that draws three more cards can be useful during any part of the game, as well as Leprechaun Imp himself having good stats for a 1-brain cost card. But because his ability shuffles a Pot of Gold into your deck instead of drawing them, it depends on luck to draw it out of 40 cards in your deck, so playing Leprechaun Imp early can make it hard to obtain them, while playing this late-game may have a higher chance to earn the Pot of Gold. You can also play multiple Leprechaun Imps to add more Pots of Gold to your deck, increasing the chance of drawing it.
Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can use him to his full potential due to their easy access to the Imp tribe synergy cards. He can be paired with Toxic Waste Imp to get the Deadly trait or draw a card if he hits the plant hero with the help of Imp Commander. Alternatively, they could also play him with Firefighter or Mixed-Up Gravedigger to reactivate his ability, allowing him to add more Pots of Gold into your deck.
Speaking of the Pots of Gold, they can only be played as a trick and thus can be considered a detriment in situations where you need to draw a certain card.
Once this zombie is played, you cannot do anything to stop him from using his ability. He can then be treated as a plain 2/2 zombie, and thus, should be dealt with accordingly. Unless he has become a huge threat and you have no instant-kill cards to dispatch of him, do not Bounce this zombie, as your opponent can replay this zombie to earn more Pots of Gold, especially in late game.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Leprechaun Imp.
- If the player plays him and views another card, the rainbow animation with purple smoke will pause until he is destroyed. However, the pot of gold will continue its usual animation. This shows that Leprechaun Imp has 3 animations instead of 2.
- If the player plays a card fast enough at the start of a turn, that card will darken. But for Leprechaun Imp, the Pot of Gold gets glitched out and all the animations will pause instead.
- When the player views him in the Collection, he is shown to activate his ability animation.
- He is the third Imp to be in the Brainy class, the first being Hail-a-Copter, the second being Copter Commando and the fourth and fifth being Triplication and Neutron Imp respectively.