- For other versions, see Laser Bean (disambiguation).
Laser Bean is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 6 to play, and has 4/6. It has the Strikethrough trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Bean Plant
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"Physics, baby! I'm emittin' all KINDS of coherent radiation!"
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Design change: The color of the laser it fires has been changed from red to blue.
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
Laser Bean is similar to Power Flower, but with an extra 1/1 and the bean tribe rather than flower. However, it costs 1 more sun and also lacks Power Flower's useful ability, although the cost shouldn't be much of a problem due to the fact that you can make lots of sun early on with sun-producing plants from the Solar class.
As mentioned before, keep in mind that Laser Bean isn't in the flower tribe, so you would be better off using Power Flower instead if you are to use flower-based decks. However, since Laser Bean is a bean, Rose can use it in a bean-based deck with Admiral Navy Bean and Bean Counter, as playing it will do damage to the zombie hero and boost Bean Counter. Other Solar heroes also have different strategies with Laser Bean. Wall-Knight can put defensive plants in front of Laser Bean, making it even harder to destroy. And finally, Solar Flare and Chompzilla can boost its strength to make it hit even harder.
Laser Bean can both heavily damage you and the zombie in front because of its Strikethrough trait, and its health makes it quite hard to destroy. But due to its base strength, it is naturally vulnerable to Rocket Science. Any other trick, such as Locust Swarm or B-flat, should be able to destroy it. It can also be destroyed by The Smash's Slammin' Smackdown. You can play Hail-a-Copter, Deep Sea Gargantuar, or Trickster to take it out quickly, although the former two are going to be heavily damaged after combat.
In addition, reducing its strength using Pied Piper, Nibble, or Landscaper can reduce Laser Bean's damage output if you are unable to take it out. However, playing Pied Piper or Nibble also means you cannot use the aforementioned Rocket Science to destroy it. Rustbolt can play his signature superpower, Shrink Ray, and then play Rolling Stone to take this out efficiently for a cheap cost of 2 brains.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Laser Bean (PvZH).
- It is the only bean plant in the Solar class.
- It has the second highest base strength among all Strikethrough plants, the first being Astrocado.
- It, Jugger-Nut, Snapdragon, All-Star Zombie and Deep Sea Gargantuar are the only Super-Rare cards with no abilites.
- It and Magnifying Grass are the only plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes to return from Far Future, not counting Citron since he came back as a plant hero.
- Coincidentally, they are both in the Solar class.
- Ironically, both plants cannot be used by Citron normally.