- For other versions, see Laser Bean (disambiguation).
Laser Bean is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Solar class. It costs 6 to play and has 4/6. It has the Strikethrough trait and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Bean Plant
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"Physics, baby! I'm emittin' all KINDS of coherent radiation!"
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Rare
- Design change: The color of the laser it fires has been changed from red to blue.
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
Laser Bean is a 6-sun 4/6 plant, which isn't very astounding. But thanks to its Strikethrough trait, you can at least use it a finisher or late-game card, where it can alarm your opponent to react to a plant that is consistently doing 4 damage every turn.
But Laser Bean should be played when you have established field control, as a single 4/6 plant on turn 6 isn't a very good idea, even if it has Strikethrough, an undoubtedly powerful trait. Thus, Laser Bean doesn't make a very good finisher, which is able to carry you to victory by itself. It also lacks any kind of tribe synergy in its class, let alone any kind of synergy in it, which is another of its downsides. Laser Bean isn't the worst, but from a competitive standpoint, it isn't that much of a good pick either.
Laser Bean can be harmful if you leave it alone for too long; it may have below-average stats, but you have to stay aware that it can still constantly do 4 damage to you every turn. But otherwise, it shouldn't be a huge worry to see on turn 6.
If it seems to be getting in the way, you can easily remove it. Although its health may be an issue to you since 6 health on turn 6 is still a lot, instant-kills can negate it.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Laser Bean (PvZH).
- It is the only bean plant in the Solar class.
- It has the second highest base strength among all Strikethrough plants, the first being Astrocado.
- It, Jugger-Nut, Snapdragon, All-Star Zombie, and Deep Sea Gargantuar are the only super-rare cards with no abilites.
- It and Magnifying Grass are the only plants in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes to return from Far Future.
- Coincidentally, they are both in the Solar class.