Laser Base Alpha is a galactic super-rare zombie environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability gives all zombies in it the Deadly and Strikethrough traits. This ability persists until Laser Base Alpha is overridden by another environment.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Science Environment
- Ability: Zombies here get Deadly and Strikethrough.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Super-Rare
Zombies with LASERS. What could possibly go wrong?
- Added to the game.
This environment can actually make any zombie very powerful as it gives that zombie both Deadly and Strikethrough. This works powerfully against two tough plants on the same lane as you can destroy both of these plants instantly as well as inflict damage to your opponent. You can play this on a lane with a very strong zombie such as Valkyrie, resulting in that zombie plowing through all plants in front of it on top of doing sufficient damage to your opponent, allowing you to win the battle more easily.
Another way to benefit this environment is playing any zombie whose ability activates when it hurts your opponent, destroys a plant, or does damage in general, such as:
- Cheese Cutter, who guarantees a gourmet card with reduced cost.
- Dr. Spacetime, who guarantees a Galactic Gardens card with reduced cost.
- Kite Flyer, who guarantees 2 to 3 free cards from your deck depending on how many plants are in front of him.
- Abracadaver (if its ability successfully activates), whose ability always destroys any non-Shielded targeted plant due to his Deadly trait.
- Any Imp zombie while Imp Commander is on the field, who guarantees a free card from your deck.
- Interstellar Bounty Hunter, who guarantees 1 to 2 free cards from your deck depending on how many plants are in front of her.
- Tomb Raiser Zombie, who guarantees a random Gravestone zombie.
- Gizzard Lizard, who can wipe the field clean of plants.
Combining this environment with zombies with Frenzy like Interstellar Bounty Hunter can be very potent, as they will destroy every plant in the lane as well as damage your opponent, then do 0 to 2 extra bonus attacks depending on the number of plants destroyed, doing a lot of damage to the opposing side.
As this environment gives these two powerful traits, it is not recommended to play zombies that already have Deadly or Strikethrough, unless one of these traits are missing and needed for that zombie.
You can play Fireworks Zombie on this if the field is full of powerful plants, as he will destroy all of them with the Deadly trait. However, beware, as doing this will destroy all of your zombies as well. A similar effect can be achieved by using either Barrel of Deadbeards or Gas Giant. However, the best card that can achieve this effect is Space Ninja, due to the fact that he only does damage to all plants, thus not destroying your zombies. Note that the above combos are restricted to Impfinity only unless one of the above cards is Conjured.
A particularly dangerous zombie that can be played on this environment is Kitchen Sink Zombie, as it will gain two more traits in addition to the five it already has. This is especially dangerous if two plants are in front of Kitchen Sink Zombie, allowing for a maximum of 14 Bullseye damage to be done to your opponent. This is because of the fact that Deadly and Strikethrough are particularly useful when combined with Kitchen Sink Zombie's Bullseye and Frenzy traits.
Since this is a science card, Interdimensional Zombie's ability can be activated if this gets played.
This is a very dangerous environment for any zombie as it can destroy all of your plants on that lane and do damage to you at the same time. If possible, try to replace this environment with one of yours as quickly as possible before the zombie there can cause chaos and end the battle in your opponent's favor. If a strong zombie is in Laser Base Alpha, destroy that zombie quickly as it can turn out very dangerous towards your defenses.
Do not bother playing any plants with high health and low strength to block the damage, as the zombies will just destroy the plant. Using Team-Up plants don't help either, as the Strikethrough trait hits the plant behind them as well. Instead, using glass cannons like Magnifying Grass will dispose of the zombies much more quickly.
Plants with the Armored trait will be able to stay alive if the zombie played there has only 1.
- Its original ability gave zombies +1 instead of the Deadly trait.
- It is the first and currently the only card to give a fighter more than one trait at once.