The ladder is the shield used by Ladder Zombies. It can only be placed on defensive plants, which can be climbed over by Ladder Zombie and other zombies, until the plant is removed. There are other ways to remove it, including the Magnet-shroom and explosive plants.
The ladder absorbs 25 normal damage shots and its appearance changes upon absorbing 9, 17, and 25 normal damage shots.
- For more strategies, see Ladder Zombie.
It can be destroyed with an explosive plant or pulled away with a Magnet-shroom, even after it has been placed. It is imperative that it is destroyed quickly, so zombies do not take too much advantage of it. Even when Cattail shoots a spike at the Ladder Zombie's back, the damage is dealt to the ladder. If a Tall-nut or Wall-nut in a Pumpkin has a ladder placed on it, removing the plant will remove the ladder. Sometimes, it can become an advantage when using Gloom-shrooms.
- It is the only object that other zombies can use.
- According to Ladder Zombie's Suburban Almanac entry, it costed $8.99.
- This makes the ladder under-priced compared to a real ladder's price, which can cost from about $50 to over $200.
- When a zombie is slowed, it will still climb up the ladder at a normal speed.
- There is no animation of zombies climbing it, instead they simply walk up it.
- It will always appear undamaged when it is placed.
- †: Metallic