The ladder absorbs 25 normal damage shots and its appearance changes upon 9, 17, and 25 normal damage shots.
- For more strategies, see Ladder Zombie.
The ladder is the only object that zombies can climb over. It can be destroyed with an explosive plant or it can be pulled away with a Magnet-shroom, even after it has been placed. It is imperative that it is destroyed quickly so zombies do not take too much advantage of it. Even when the Cattail shoots a spike to Ladder Zombie's back, the damage is dealt to the ladder. If a Tall-nut or Wall-nut in a Pumpkin has a ladder placed on it, removing the plant will remove the ladder. Sometimes, it can become an advantage when using Gloom-shrooms.
- The price of the ladder according to the Ladder Zombie's Almanac Entry is a bit underpriced compared to a real ladder.
- When a zombie is slowed, it can still climb up the ladder at normal speed.
- When zombies climb the ladder, there is no climbing animation.
- The ladder can only be damaged by instant kills after it is placed.
- The ladder will always appear undamaged when it is placed.
- If you manage to hack in a miniature Ladder Zombie, the ladder will be full-sized when placed.