The ladder absorbs 25 normal damage shots and its appearance changes upon 9, 17, and 25 normal damage shots.
- For more strategies, see Ladder Zombie.
It can be destroyed with an explosive plant or it can be pulled away with a Magnet-shroom, even after it has been placed. It is imperative that it is destroyed quickly, so zombies do not take too much advantage of it. Even when the Cattail shoots a spike at the Ladder Zombie's back, the damage is dealt to the ladder. If a Tall-nut or Wall-nut in a Pumpkin has a ladder placed on it, removing the plant will remove the ladder. Sometimes, it can become an advantage when using Gloom-shrooms.
- The ladder is the only object that zombies can climb over.
- The price of the ladder according to the Ladder Zombie's Almanac Entry is a bit under-priced compared to a real ladder.
- When a zombie is slowed, it can still climb up the ladder at a normal speed.
- There is no animation when climbing the ladder.
- The ladder can only be damaged by instant kills after it is placed.
- The ladder will always appear undamaged when it is placed.
- If the player manages to spawn in a miniature Ladder Zombie, the ladder will be full-sized when placed.
- †: Metallic