The ladder is the shield used by Ladder Zombies. It can be placed on only defensive plants, which can be climbed over by Ladder Zombie and other zombies, until the plant is removed. There are some ways to remove it, including the Magnet-shroom and explosive plants.
The ladder absorbs 25 normal damage shots and its appearance changes upon absorbing 9, 17, and 25 normal damage shots.
- For more strategies, see Ladder Zombie.
It can be destroyed with an explosive plant or pulled away with a Magnet-shroom, even after it has been placed. It is imperative that it is destroyed quickly, so zombies do not take too much advantage of it. Even when Cattail shoots a spike at the Ladder Zombie's back, the damage is dealt to the ladder. If a Tall-nut or Wall-nut in a Pumpkin has a ladder placed on it, removing the plant will remove the ladder. Sometimes, it can become an advantage when using Gloom-shrooms.
- The ladder is the only object that other zombies can use.
- The price of the ladder according to Ladder Zombie's Almanac entry is a bit under-priced compared to a real ladder.
- As written in Ladder Zombie's Almanac entry, it costed $8.99.
- When a zombie is slowed, it can still climb up the ladder at a normal speed.
- There is no animation when climbing the ladder.
- The ladder can only be damaged by instant kills after it is placed.
- The ladder will always appear undamaged when it is placed.
- If the player manages to spawn in a miniature Ladder Zombie, the ladder will be full-sized when placed.
- †: Metallic