- For the level after the v1.8 update, see Kongfu World - Day 16.
Kongfu World - Day 16 was the sixteenth level of Kongfu World in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It was also the first boss level of the world, and the boss in question was the Gunpowder Devil. Being a boss battle, the player was forced to beat the boss in order to win the level. When this level was finished for the first time, the player received a star and unlocked a set of Bronze Matrix Brain Buster levels.
- Gunpowder Devil can summon random zombies from random tiles. One fact is that when it reaches the second stage, it can summon overwhelming quantities of Kongfu Torch Zombies and Blew Zombies on the lawn. The number keeps increasing if not taken care of in time. Additionally, Qigong Zombie, if not watched carefully, can pull the player's defenses forward making them vulnerable.
- The combo of Qigong Zombies and Drinking Zombies can severely collapse the player's defenses if not taken care of with White Radish.
- A combo of Snow Pea and Coconut Cannon has proved to be successful. While the boss is slowed, it receives a large amount of damage from coconuts. Not all cannons should be fired in one lane, though. Doing so may force the player to use Plant Food.
The Gunpowder Devil calls these zombies during these respective phases:
- Second phase:
- Third phase:
Gunpowder Devil's replacement for the charge attack is an attack that will vaporize the player's plants by bombing them in a 3x3 radius. To counter this, the target plant that the bomb is headed to should be dug up. This also counts as its targeting attack.
- Try to save your Plant Food for the third phase, unless you have Power Lily.
- Don't plant your defenses within the first three columns of the screen. They will be trampled by the Gunpowder Devil.
- Plant sun-producing plants in spread out areas, as they will be targeted in clusters with bombs.
- Bring Blover, as it can instantly kill the Tiger Imps that the boss summons from the skies.
- Try to use Spikeweed and Spikerock, since they can deal with Qigong Zombie, Hammer Zombie, Blew Zombie, and Kongfu Torch Zombie easily. If possible, try to upgrade them to at least level 2.
- It is the first boss fight where the player gets to choose their own plants. However, this leaves more room for error.
- * A gate can be unlocked with a key after completing this level
^ Conjectural name