Knight of the Living Dead is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 7 to play, and has 5/5. He has the Armored 2 trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: History Sports Zombie
- Trait: Armored 2
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.
- ▼ Brain cost change: 6 → 7
- Description change: Was originally KNIGHT of the Living Dead. Get it? Get it?
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
- ▲ Tribe change: Knight → Sports
Knight of the Living Dead is one of the more unique high-cost cards in the game. Knight of the Living Dead's Armored 2 trait provides near invulnerability against weaker attacks, allowing him to take no damage against plants with 2 strength or less such as Pair of Pears and Chomper. He is also unaffected by superpower tricks such as Sunburn, Power Pummel, and Mush-Boom, takes 1 damage from Berry Blast and Meteor Strike, 2 from Cherry Bomb, 3 from Precision Blast and Sizzle, and 4 from Hothead and Wall-Nut Bowling. You can also play him in Hot Lava or Spikeweed Sector to clog the lane without taking any damage.
While this zombie does have the Armored trait, you should watch out for instant-kill tricks such as Squash, Shamrocket, and Lawnmower. In addition, his basic stats are rather low for his expensive cost, and your opponent may have something to deal with him like a powered-up Super-Phat Beets by the time he can be played. Nevertheless, he can pose a huge threat to your opponent if boosted, but try to avoid playing him without any support.
As of update 1.22.12, he is now a sports zombie, meaning he synergizes with Team Mascot, who can boost his stats to more troublesome levels, and Zombie Coach, who can protect him if he is fronting a plant that can somehow do enough damage to destroy him.
While he is a bit weak for his cost, his Armored 2 trait makes him very hard to destroy. However, since instant-kill tricks bypass the Armored trait, playing Squash or Lawnmower can get rid of him and save you a lot of trouble. Solar heroes can also use stat-reducing tricks such as Water Balloons and then destroy him with Whack-a-Zombie while bypassing his Armored trait. As a temporary solution, you can Bounce him with Spring Bean or Jumping Bean as well as Freeze him with Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill. Finally, a plant with 7 or more strength can destroy him in one hit, although the only way you can do it is to boost its strength such as Magnifying Grass and Super-Phat Beets. You can also play plants such as Briar Rose and Winter Squash to get rid of him easily.
Avoid using damaging tricks, especially Banana Bomb, as they will do little to nothing.
This zombie's threat is further increased with his addition into the sports tribe. If this zombie can't be dealt with, then try dealing with the Team Mascot that will boost him every turn.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Knight of the Living Dead.
- His description makes a pun on Knights of the Round Table, King Arthur's famed table in the Arthurian legend.
- His old description makes a pun on the word "knight" in his name.
- He has the highest Armored stat in the game, with Armored 2.
- He is also the only card in the game with Armored 2.
- Prior to update 1.14.13, he was the most expensive basic card in the game.
- He, Rodeo Gargantuar, and Zombot Stomp are all tied for the most expensive premium - rare cards in the game.
- Coincidentally, all of these cards cost 7.