Knight of the Living Dead is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He can also be transformed by Zombie King. He costs 7 to play, and has 5/5. He has the Armored 2 trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: History Sports Zombie
- Trait: Armored 2
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.
- ▼ Brain cost change: 6 → 7
- Description change: Was originally KNIGHT of the Living Dead. Get it? Get it?
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
- ▲ Tribe change: Knight → Sports
Knight of the Living Dead is one of the more unique high-cost cards in the game. While his stats and lack of abilities aren't very remarkable, Knight of the Living Dead's biggest appeal is his Armored 2 trait, watering down even the strongest of plants and tricks (with Gravitree being the only exception without transforming Knight of the Living Dead), and straight out nullifying everything that does 2 damage or less at once: Pair of Pears (and Pear Pal), Sunburn, Mush-Boom, Hot Lava, and Spikeweed Sector, to name a few. Knight of the Living Dead will be a big threat with the help of stat boosts and additional traits. Sports synergy with Team Mascot and Zombie Coach also helps, as they both benefit Knight of the Living Dead.
However, Knight of the Living Dead has a crippling weakness: his cost. You will have to hold out for very long to play Knight of the Living Dead, and even if you do, you will most likely be unable to play anything else. Since there is so much Knight of the Living Dead can do on the turn he is played, your opponent will be able to easily set up and drive you into a corner. Therefore, using Zombie King to transform zombies into Knights of the Living Dead instead is a better idea than playing Knight of the Living Dead, as you will have them on the field earlier.
While his stats are low for his cost, his Armored 2 trait makes him very hard to destroy, especially with stat boosts. The best answer would be to play instant-kill cards like Squash, Winter Squash, and Briar Rose, being able to bypass the Armored trait.
As for using plants, very few will be able to remove him, or at least cause an exchange. The best plant to use would be Gravitree, as it destroy him in one attack and survives at the same time; while other plants like Magnifying Grass and Super-Phat Beets can be used too, they have to rely on their abilities. If your plant needs an extra turn to destroy him, stall him with Freezing cards like Iceberg Lettuce and Big Chill.
Bouncing him works too, as Knight of the Living Dead is very expensive - expensive enough to discourage your opponent from replaying him in most situations.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Knight of the Living Dead.
- His description makes a pun on Knights of the Round Table, King Arthur's famed table in the Arthurian legend.
- His old description makes a pun on the word "knight" in his name.
- He has the highest Armored stat in the game, with Armored 2.
- He is also the only card in the game with Armored 2.
- Prior to update 1.14.13, he was the most expensive basic card in the game.
- He, Rodeo Gargantuar, and Zombot Stomp are all tied for the most expensive premium - rare cards in the game.
- Coincidentally, all of these cards cost 7.