Knight of the Living Dead
|Tribe||History Knight Zombie|
|He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.|
Knight of the Living Dead is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 7 to play, and has 5/5. He has the Armored 2 trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: History Knight Zombie
- Trait: Armored 2
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.
- ▼ Brain cost change: 6 → 7
- Description change: Was originally KNIGHT of the Living Dead. Get it? Get it?
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
Knight of the Living Dead is one of the more unique high-cost cards in the game. Knight of the Living Dead's Armored 2 trait provides near invulnerability against weaker attacks, allowing him to take no damage against plants with 2 strength or less such as Pair of Pears and Chomper. He is also unaffected by superpower tricks such as Sunburn, Power Pummel, and Mush-Boom, takes 1 damage from Berry Blast and Meteor Strike, 2 from Cherry Bomb, 3 from Precision Blast and Sizzle, and 4 from Hothead and Wall-Nut Bowling.
Giving this Frenzy via cards like Possessed or Maniacal Laugh will cause this zombie to power through almost any plant, so doing so is a good idea, but watch out for instant-kill tricks such as Squash and Lawnmower.
However, his stats are rather low for his cost, and your opponent may have something to deal with him like a powered-up Super-Phat Beets. Nevertheless, he can pose a huge threat to your opponent if boosted.
While he is a bit weak for his cost, his Armored 2 trait makes him very hard to destroy. However, since instant-kill tricks bypass the Armored trait, playing Squash or Lawnmower can get rid of him and save you a lot of trouble. Solar heroes can also use stat-reducing tricks such as Water Balloons and then destroy him with Whack-a-Zombie while bypassing his Armored trait. As a temporary solution, you can Bounce him with Spring Bean or Jumping Bean as well as Freeze him with Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill. Finally, a plant with 7 or more strength can destroy him in one hit, although the only way you can do it is to boost its strength. Examples of this are Magnifying Grass and Super-Phat Beets. You can also play plants such as Briar Rose and Winter Squash to get rid of him easily.
- His description makes a pun on Knights of the Round Table, King Arthur's famed table in the Arthurian legend.
- His old description makes fun of his name's pun.
- He has the highest Armored stat in the game, with Armored 2.
- He is also the only card in the game with Armored 2.
- Prior to update 1.14.13, he was the most expensive basic card in the game.
- He is currently the only knight card in the game.
- He, Rodeo Gargantuar and Zombot Stomp are all tied for the most expensive premium - rare cards in the game.