Knight of the Living Dead
|Tribe||History Knight Zombie|
|He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.|
Knight of the Living Dead is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 7 to play, and has 5/5. He has the Armored 2 trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: History Knight Zombie
- Trait: Armored 2
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He's both secretary and treasurer for the Knights of the Square Table.
- ▼ Brain cost change: 6 → 7
- Description change: Was originally KNIGHT of the Living Dead. Get it? Get it?
Knight of the Living Dead is one of the more unique high-cost cards in the game. Knight of the Living Dead's Armored 2 trait provides near invulnerability against weaker attacks, allowing him to take no damage against plants with 2 strength or less such as Pair of Pears and Chomper. He is also unaffected by superpower tricks such as Sunburn, Power Pummel, and Mush-Boom, and only takes 3 damage from Precision Blast and Sizzle.
However, his stats are rather low for his cost, and your opponent may have something to deal with him like a powered-up Super-Phat Beets. Nevertheless, he can pose a huge threat to your opponent if boosted.
Giving this Frenzy via cards like Possessed or Maniacal Laugh will cause this zombie to power through almost any plant, so doing so is a good idea, but watch out for tricks such as Squash and Lawnmower.
While he is a bit weak for his cost, his Armored 2 trait makes him very hard to destroy. However, since instant-kill tricks bypass the Armored trait, playing Squash or Lawnmower can get rid of him and save you a lot of trouble. Solar heroes can also use stat-reducing tricks such as Water Balloons and Whack-A-Zombie to lower his stats while bypassing his Armored trait. As a temporary solution, you can Bounce him with Spring Bean or Jumping Bean as well as Freeze him with Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill. Finally, a plant with 7 or more strength can destroy him in one hit, although the only way you can do it is to boost its strength. Examples of this are Magnifying Grass and Super-Phat Beets. You can also play plants such as Briar Rose and Winter Squash to get rid of him easily.
- His description makes a pun on Knights of the Round Table, King Arthur's famed table in the Arthurian legend.
- His old description makes fun about his name's pun.
- He has the highest Armored stat in the game, with Armored 2.
- He is also the only card in the game with Armored 2.
- He is the most expensive basic card in the game.
- He is the only knight card in the game.