Knife-Wielding Swordsman is a much tougher opponent than Gunpowder Devil, as it is capable of summoning more dangerous zombies, and it becomes a very formidable foe when it is low on health.
持刀大侠 (Knife-Wielding Swordsman)
Calls Kongfu zombies, handy with a sword and shield.A knife to the East, a "flying fairy". It is a famous knife-wielding warrior skill, but now has been considered as a "flying zombie".
Knife-Wielding Swordsman has four attacks:
- It summons Kongfu World Zombies. While it summons them, it holds its shield upwards, making it temporarily resistant to attacks. The lower it is on health, the more the shield protects.:
- In phase one, it summons Kongfu World Zombies, Hammer Zombies, Gong Zombies, and Blew Zombies.
- In phase two, it summons Torch Monk Zombies, Drinking Monk Zombies, Swordsman Zombies, Nunchaku Zombies, and Imp Monks.
- In phase three, it summons Gargantuar Bronzes, Hammer Zombies, Gong Zombies, and Blew Zombies.
- It smashes its sword on the ground, moving the plants on the lane it smashes two tiles to the left. Plants on the leftmost columns will be thrown off the lawn. Like with summoning zombies, it holds its shield upwards while charging to protect itself.
- This is a qigong skill, which means it has no effects for plants behind White Radish.
- It jumps to the sky and flies to a lane, killing all the plants on the lane. The lane it attacks will be warned by turning red.
- Plants on minecarts can be saved by moving them to a different lane. But if it attacks the middle lane, there is no way to save those plants.
- It runs up to a plant, and smashes it with its sword. This kills plants in an 1x2 area.
This is a really powerful zombie because it can wipe out an entire lane of plants, can kill plants in one hit with its sword and can summon really dangerous zombies. The best way of defeating this boss is by having a vast majority of Sunflowers so you will be able to get more plants onto the lawn.
- It is stronger than any boss from the international version with more than four times the health of Zombot Sphinx-inator and far ahead of Zombot Tomorrow-tron.
- The lane-clearing attack can also kill plants fed with Plant Food.
- It, and Zombot Multi-stage Masher are the only zombies that can kill plants fed with Plant Food.
- It takes up a space of six tiles (3x2).
- It is one of the bosses in the series that is not a robot.