Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jackhammer is an ability for the Engineer in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It takes 30 seconds to recharge. It is similar to the Hyper ability possessed by the Peashooter or the Burrow ability of the Chomper, as its speed increases. If a Chomper attempts to eat the Engineer while it is on the Jackhammer, it will swallow the Jackhammer.
When riding on a Jackhammer, it does not let the player use other abilities, or jump any higher. However, the Engineer can still use its primary weapon. If the player jumps directly on a Tallnut Battlement or even an Iron Maiden with a Jackhammer, they will be instantly destroyed. However, it cannot destroy Spikeweeds or Potato Mines without setting them off. If the player runs into a plant while riding the Jackhammer, the plant will be knocked back and be dealt five damage.
The Engineer Zombie charges into battle on his trusty Jackhammer. It is also outfitted with a weapon mount, so he doesn't need to miss a beat.
The Jackhammer is one of the Engineer's most useful abilities, as it allows the player to get to the objectives faster. It is useful for rushing to teleporter build sites and gardens. One tactic is to circle an enemy player with the Jackhammer to dodge shots while firing at them. These are useful for dodging Chompers, as they prevent the player from being swallowed and allows them to dodge Goop more easily. It is worth noting that the Jackhammer destroys all destructible map elements on contact, such as road signs, fences, and Tallnut Battlements.
Jackhammers can be major headaches for Chompers. One strategy is to Goop the Engineer while he is riding the jackhammer and deploy Spikeweed under him to snare him. Cacti can deploy Potato Mines while the Engineer is circling them, which will most likely make them run straight into the mine.
- Even if a Chomper eats this, it will become available again after a while, like any other abilities despite being visibly destroyed.
- If the player makes contact with any destructible props while riding it, the props will be destroyed instantly.
- When the ability is activated, the Engineer will yell "YEEE-HAAAW!"
- This bears a faint reference to the Bungee Zombie which also yells "YEEE-HAAAW!" when targeting a plant.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, its duration was increased from the regular 15 seconds to 20 seconds but was later reduced back to the normal 15 seconds.
- If the player vanquishes 10 players while riding it or the Turbo Jackhammer, they will earn the Jackhammer Rush achievement.