- You may be looking for Wall-nut, which has a Plant Food ability that looks similar to the Iron Maiden.
- You may be looking for Jugger-Nut, a plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes that looks similar to the Iron Maiden.
Iron Maiden is an alternate ability to the Cactus' Tallnut Battlement. The difference between the two is that the Iron Maiden is smaller, but it is stronger with around 500 health. The only way to obtain this ability is by buying sticker packs. Only four Iron Maidens can be placed at a time and the oldest one will be removed if the player attempted to place a fifth one. It takes 30 seconds to recharge.
Encased in iron armor, these Iron Maiden Tallnuts will stare at Zombies with an unmatched intensity. They are very hard to destroy and enjoy getting in the way.
An Iron Maiden has more than or equal to 500 health.
As this can withstand more damage but has a smaller hitbox, Iron Maiden is more useful than Tallnut Battlement at blocking narrow corridors.
- Iron Maidens actually resemble Wall-nuts more than Tall-nuts, but they are referenced as "Tall-nut" in their description.
- When destroyed, nut fragments and armor pieces will fly around for several seconds.
- Because it is a defensive ability, it can be destroyed by both plants and zombies.
- Its name comes from an infamous historical torture device from 18th century which consists of an iron cabinet just like Wall-nut's iron plating and spiky interior to torture the victim placed inside.
- The maiden's armor is always scratched when placed.
- It makes a grunting sound when attacked.
- It can be destroyed immediately if an Engineer jumps on it while riding the Jackhammer.