Iron Boarder is a super-rare zombie superpower card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/3. He has the Bullseye trait, and his ability gives him +1 /+1 while he is in an environment. His plant counterpart is Plantern.
His name is a portmanteau of "iron board," the real-life object he is based on, and "Silver Surfer," the fictional character he is based on.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribes: Sports Imp Superpower Zombie
- Trait: Bullseye
- Ability: While on an Environment: This gets +1/1.
- Rarity: Super-Rare
Working for a Huge-Gigantacus isn't the worst job he's ever had. It comes with a 401Z plan, which is more than what most Zombie employers offer.
- Added to the game.
This zombie essentially acts like Plantern, but he has Bullseye in any lane and has 1 less than Plantern. But since this is a superpower and costs 1, you can play this early to do unblockable damage right away, then play environments like Laser Base Alpha or Teleportation Station on his lane to power him up.
Since he is an Imp zombie, he benefits from Imp Commander and Toxic Waste Imp. However, he cannot synergize with Team Mascot or Zombie Coach unless Huge-Gigantacus gets Team Mascot from Interdimensional Zombie, because he doesn't lead the Hearty class. Another way to do this is if Z-Mech gets him through Quasar Wizard, then plays him and Team Mascot.
However, note that you can only play him on the Zombies Play phase and not the Zombie Tricks phase unlike most superpowers without the use of Teleport or Teleportation Zombie, so he cannot block plants after the Plants Play phase.
Treat this zombie like Plantern, as he becomes powerful in an environment and has Bullseye in any lane. If he is not in an environment, Berry Blast or Bonk Choy can destroy this in one hit. If he is in an environment, use Zapricot or Whack-a-Zombie to destroy him. You can also weaken him by moving Iron Boarder out of an environment, but only if he is in one. You can also turn him into a useless 0/1 zombie by using Weed Whack on him when he is not in an environment.
- He is the third superpower card in the game to be a fighter, along with Ensign Uproot and Lieutenant Carrotron.
- He is also the only zombie superpower card to be a fighter.
- The 401Z plan mentioned in his description is a reference to a 401(k) plan, which is the tax-qualified, defined-contribution pension account defined in subsection 401(k) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- His description has a grammatical mistake, having an "a" in front of Huge-Gigantacus' name, as if he were an object, not a character.
- There is a glitch where Iron Boarder gains a mustache when he gets Bounced, as if he were Conjured by Imposter.