Intensive Carrot is the sixth and last plant obtained in Neon Mixtape Tour in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It was first revealed in the Neon Mixtape Tour Side B development diary released on September 15, 2015.
Intensive Carrot is an instant-use plant. When selected, gray-scaled sprites of plants that were defeated will appear on the tiles they died, assuming that the tiles are still unoccupied. When Intensive Carrot is planted on a gray-scaled sprite, the fallen plant will be revived with half of its maximum health remaining.
The sound of Intensive Carrot reviving a plant.
Intensive Carrot is based on Daucus carota sativus, a root vegetable, usually orange in color, though purple, red, white, and yellow varieties exist. Its name is a portmanteau of "intensive care," referring to treatment of patients which can extend to mean the revival of plants and "carrot," which is the real-life plant this plant is based on.
One of its costumes is a head mirror, a device commonly associated with doctors, referencing his reviving ability.
SUN COST: 100
SPECIAL: Restore Life
Intensive Carrot brings eaten plants back to life.
Usage: single use, instant
"How do I revive defeated plants?" asks Intensive Carrot. "In a word: Vitamins. Vitamins and sorcery."
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|Starting Recharge|| Special|
|1||0||0||100||20 seconds||15 seconds||50% HP|
|2||10||1,000||100||19 seconds||15 seconds||50% HP|
|3||75||5,000||100||18 seconds||14 seconds||75% HP|
|4||200||10,000||75||17 seconds||14 seconds||75% HP|
|5||400||20,000||75||15 seconds||13 seconds||75% HP|
|6||750||30,000||50||14 seconds||13 seconds||75% HP|
|7||1,000||40,000||50||13 seconds||12 seconds||100% HP|
|8||1,000||50,000||50||12 seconds||12 seconds||100% HP|
|9||1,500||60,000||25||11 seconds||11 seconds||100% HP|
|10||2,000||75,000||25||10 seconds||10 seconds||125% HP|
Note: Intensive Carrot cannot be upgraded to level 4.
Intensive Carrot is a powerful plant, but its power to revive plants must be used properly to utilize its full potential. Intensive Carrot should be used only on plants that are worth reviving, most of which are represented in the list below.
- Sun Bean (better if boosted)
- Hypno-shroom (better if boosted)
- Electric Blueberry
- Sweet Potato
- Banana Launcher
- Winter Melon
- Chili Bean (better if boosted)
- Coconut Cannon
- Explode-O-Nut (better if boosted)
- Missile Toe
- Any other plant with a high sun cost or fairly slow recharge rate or a boosted plant
This makes it a good idea to quickly recover plants that were destroyed by Explorer Zombie, Gargantuar Prime or Turquoise Skull Zombie's lasers, MC Zom-B, All-Star Zombie or Super-Fan Imp as long as these zombies are defeated beforehand.
However, it should be noted that Intensive Carrot always revives plants at half health (unless it's upgraded), and when it comes to plants such as Sun-shroom, Pea Pod, Potato Mine, Strawburst, Primal Potato Mine, Escape Root, and Kiwibeast, they will always be revived to their initial stage, regardless of which stage they were in when they died, so using Intensive Carrot on them is generally a bad idea.
Intensive Carrot can be combined with Imitater to both revive two plants at once, and cut down on its recharge time. This is especially helpful in worlds where your front line could be destroyed easily, such as Neon Mixtape Tour and Modern Day.
Remember that a plant cannot be revived if another plant was pushed or pulled by Mecha-Football Zombie, Fisherman Zombie, Punk Zombie or Ankylosaurus to tile where it was defeated. Jurassic Rockpuncher's ability will also prevent you from reviving a plant so you should be careful when they're around.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Intensive Carrot.
- Its appearance could possibly be based on a drill, as it drills into the ground.
- If a revived plant is boosted through gem purchase or the Zen Garden, then it will activate its boost again. The revived plant will still have its health reduced as the degeneration happens after the boost, unless the plant in question is a defensive plant, in which case it will retain its armor.
- It cannot revive Grave Buster.
- When it is used on a fallen Chard Guard, the Chard Guard will grow back all of its leaves. Its health will still be reduced, however.
- If it is used on an eaten duplicated Spore-shroom, the mushroom will give back sun when dug up.
- It is possible to revive a Guacodile if it was either crushed by Surfer Zombie's surfboard while on land, frozen blocks, Imp Porter's backpacks, or Arcade Zombie's arcade machines, despite it rushing immediately after being crushed.
- It used to be possible to revive Power Lily if it was defeated by a Hair Metal Gargantuar's shock wave prior to older updates.
- The sound playing while it revives a plant seems to have a remix of some sort in a part of the rap jam.
- Plants being gray-scaled is similar to the actions of the Imitater from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Gray-scaled textures of defeated plants show no costumes even if the player has costumes on them.
- The only exceptions to this are costumes that are limited time, like Lawn of Doom Peashooter, Sunflower and Wall-nut.
- It is the second plant which can turn into another plant, with the first one being Imitater and the third being Escape Root.
- It, Carrot Missile Truck, Carrotillery and Carrot Missile are the only plants based on carrots.
- It is the only one that does not use missiles to attack zombies.
- In Modern Day - Day 25, it is the only plant transported by the conveyor belt, since it is used to revive the pre-placed plants in order to defeat the zombies. The player must strategize the order of plants they would like to revive and must be careful of pushing threats such as Punk Zombie.
Specific to the Chinese version
- It can revive instant-use plants and one-time use plants. For example, if a Power Lily is used and done with its effect and vanishes, Intensive Carrot can revive the Power Lily to do the same effect again.
- Itself (level 2 and 3) when revive some of level 4 plants, will cause glitch to the plant it revive:
- Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, Primal Sunflower, Laser Bean, Magnet-shroom, Puff-shroom, Sap-fling, Cattail: Only final part of Plant Food animation will play, and don't activate their Plant Food ability.
- Imitater: Transform into nothing (Remain unchange for the rest of the level in 2.1.1 version)
- Fume-shroom, Homing Thistle: Insta-kill most zombie, but doesn't play its Plant Food's animation (execpt Homing Thistle)
- Wall-nut, Tall-nut, Pea-nut, Endurian, Primal Wall-nut: Regain armor and lost health (Pea-nut can't perform its offensive Plant Food ability due to this glitch)
- Intensive Carrot itself: Game crashes.
- Repeater, Bowling Bulb, Oak Archer, Cactus, Hypno-shroom, Chili Bean, Torchwood, Primal Potato Mine, Celery Stalker: Activate Plant Food normally (note: Animation glitch, execpt Chili Bean)
- Sun-shroom, Flame Mushroom, Freeze Mushroom: Only have chances to grow to final stage.
- Sunflower Singer: Light still appear without triggering its Plant Food's ability.