In-Crypted is a super-rare zombie superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 1 to play, and its abilities hide a selected zombie in a Gravestone, and draw a card.
It is based on a headstone, a stele or marker commonly made of, but not limited to stone, that is placed over a grave.
Its name is a portmanteau of the words "in", referring to the zombie going in a gravestone, "crypt", referring to its ability and appearance, and "encrypted", the past tense form of encrypt, which means to hide or conceal data by converting it into less decipherable code.
Its description references the usual "password requirements" various websites like to enforce, much to the usual frustration of a typical user. The requirement for the letter "Z" is a reference to how certain passwords require the use of specific characters, such as numbers or punctuation, with the letter "Z" being chosen due to the relations to the zombies.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Superpower Trick
- Abilities: A Zombie hides in a Gravestone. Draw a card.
- Rarity: Super-Rare
Requires eight characters, one upper case, a number, and the letter Z.
The trick can be very powerful when used correctly. Its best uses are:
- When you want a zombie to activate its ability again. This applies to zombies with When played/revealed abilities like Pogo Bouncer.
- When you want to protect a useful zombie that has either already taken a lot of damage, or had its stats lowered.
Alternatively, you can use it on a zombie in front of plants that attack twice like Repeater, Bananasaurus Rex and Re-Peat Moss, as gravestones cannot receive damage. This tactic works best with Zombie Coach, Trash Can Zombie, and Screen Door Zombie due to their shielding ability.
However, you have an advantage when In-Crypted is played: Since you know exactly what is in the gravestone, you can pull out the right plant to deal with that zombie.
- The bolt behind the gravestone appears to be similar to that of Electrobolt's.
- If a zombie is made large due to a visual glitch, the gravestone it hides in will be large as well.
- It, Mixed-Up Gravedigger, Graveyard, and Cursed Gargolith are the only cards that can make zombies without the Gravestone trait hide under gravestones.