|Toughness||High (trench coat), Low (Imps)|
|First seen||Mildew Meadow Level 1|
|Cost of neighbor attack||5000 coins|
|Training cost||3000 coins|
|Training time||10 minutes|
|Just a few days ago Imposter Zombie strolled into the Federal Reserve and walked out with over $500 million in silver. Nobody said a thing.|
Imposter Zombie is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. It is not actually one zombie; rather, two Imps hiding under a trench coat. When their trench coat is destroyed, a squeaky voice can be heard and the Imps jump out and start eating the plants on their own. While inside the trench coat, this 'zombie' deals more damage per bite, due to both Imps biting the plant at the same time.
Just a few days ago Imposter Zombie strolled into the Federal Reserve and walked out with over $500 million in silver. Nobody said a thing.
- -Plants vs. Zombies Adventures Facebook page
- Mildew Meadow: All levels
- Grey Matter Gardens: 1, 2, 11 to 14, 18, 21 to 26
- The Sever Glades: All levels except for 2, 12, 21, 22, 24 to 26
- The Sand Dooms: 11 to 20
- Zombitorium Manor: 3 to 5, 11 to 20
- Reclaiming lots: The Bamboo Lot, The Fitness Lot, The Chilly Lot and The Sunny Lot.
Imposter Zombie can be quite difficult to kill when coming in larger numbers, as they have quite a bit of health that is comparable to the Football Zombie. It is best to have the Shamrocks attacking them and to freeze or slow them down from moving whenever possible, while using Wall-nuts to stop them from moving onwards. A Bamboo Shoot is good because it kills the Imps when the trench coat is knocked off.
In Brainball, Imposter Zombie trained waves itself is not that preferable, as Ice Block Zombie are more effective. Imposter Zombie waves come with Barrel Zombies and Rocket Zombies. Each of these are weak and one shot from a Flaming Pea will destroy a Barrel Zombie's barrel. When spawned in Mall Cop Zombie hoards, it is a good idea to let them take the hits instead of the Mall Cop Zombies. The Imps that fall out are deadly distractions, as every plant will shoot at one Imp then another, wasting a few extra seconds.
- Another reason why this zombie is called Imposter Zombie is because they are just a stack of two Imps, and there is the word "Imp" in the word "Imposter."
- It is wearing a Groucho disguise, which is a reference to the famous comedian Groucho Marx.
- Spikeweed's costume is also a reference to Groucho Marx.
- When in the coat, the top Imp's arm falls off when it is damaged, but when the coat is knocked off, the top Imp's arm is back.
- This could mean that the arm lost when the coat was on is a fake arm or it could mean that the coat's sleeve ripped off due to sustaining enough damage.
- It similar to Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel as they both split into two Imps once destroyed.
- There is a glitch where if the trench coat is knocked off by a Flaming Pea, Bamboo Shoot, or Bamboom, a charred zombie body will appear, even though it was only the coat that was destroyed.
- This is even more strange, considering that it is not a singular zombie, but rather two imps stacked on top of each other.