|Tribe||Pirate Imp Zombie|
|Abilities||When an Imp hurts the Plant Hero, draw a card.|
|He's got a bit of a Napoleon Complex. Obviously.|
Imp Commander is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 3 to play, and has 2/4. He has no traits, and his ability gives the zombie hero a card every time an Imp zombie does damage to the plant hero, including this zombie. This ability persists until all Imp Commanders are removed from the field.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Pirate Imp Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When an Imp hurts the Plant Hero, draw a card.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He's got a bit of a Napoleon Complex. Obviously.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
For a 3 zombie, Imp Commander can be quite tanky and hard to destroy. He has decent health and can fight back. However, Imp Commander's main role on the battlefield is to set up an Imp-powered "draw engine", allowing the player to quickly draw additional cards and maintain hand advantage. For this to work, however, the player will need to have a steady source of Imp cards on their hand.
Brain Freeze and Impfinity are good candidates for achieving this task: The former has Vimpire and Loudmouth, two solid Beastly Imps that can aid others as well as hold their own in battle, while the latter has Imp-Throwing Gargantuar who can quickly swarm the field with Swabbies. Playing a Toxic Waste Imp can really make an impact as well, as the Imp Commander will get Deadly. Hot Dog Imp can attack the plant hero directly using his Strikethrough, guaranteeing a card per hit (unless the plant hero blocks).
Using Swashbuckler Zombie will also benefit greatly, as Imp Commander is also a pirate zombie. Using a combination of this and Imps can easily provide a decent strategy for any Sneaky zombie hero. Neptuna can use cards such as Camel Crossing to keep this and other Imps alive. Super Brainz can use Lurch for Lunch on this zombie, as when he hits the plant hero, the player will draw an extra card.
If you see this zombie on the field, destroy him quickly with a powerful plant or a trick that deals four or higher damage. Additionally, try to block all lanes if there are Imps on the field, so that they (except for Hot Dog Imp) cannot damage your hero, thus preventing him from drawing cards.
- He is seen piloting the Zombot Plank Walker. This may be the reason for his title, Commander.
- His description mentions the term Napoleon Complex, named after Napoleon Bonaparte, which describes a theoretical condition occurring in people of short stature.
- This references the prominent short stature that all Imps possess, as well as the common misconception regarding Napoleon's height.
- In addition, it could be a nod to this zombie's hat, which bears a resemblance to Napoleon's hat.
- It could also be a reference to how Napoleon commanded the French.