- For other versions, see Imp (disambiguation).
Imp (PvZ: GW2)
|Health|| 75 |
350 for Z-Mech
|Variants|| Z7 Imp|
|Primary weapons||Imp Blaster (Robo Laser for Z-Mech)|
|Imp abilities|| Impkata|
|Z-Mech abilities|| Robo Stomp|
Imp is a playable zombie class in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Imp and Z-Mech each have their own abilities, but the player can only play as Z-Mech if it summoned by it. It has a double jump and can hover. Because of his small size, and to compensate for his low health, the Imp is the fastest character in the game.
"The smallest and most agile of the zombies, Imp can double-jump, hover, and giggle his way to victory. Two automatic Imp Blasters don't hurt either.
Z-Mech built with Z-Tech. Massive size, massive health, and massive damage are at your disposal as you unleash Imp's secret weapon."
"Harnessing illicit future butt technology, this little Imp and his Z-Mech may just be the key to victory in the Battle of Zomburbia. Don't tell him that though, he's just having a good time."
This little guy wields dual, rapid-fire Imp Blasters and can call in the massively powerful Z-Mech.
- ▼ Decreased default Imp magazine capacity from 45 rounds to 35 rounds
- ▼ Decreased Z-Mech Health from 400 to 350
- ▼ Decreased Movement Speed Multiplier from 1 to 0.75 for all Imp variants while zoomed
- ▼ Decreased Ground Velocity from 7.7 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Decreased In-Air Velocity from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Decreased In-Air jump Velocity from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▲ Imps tuning focused on ensuring he had a bit more survivability outside of his mech, and also improved his primary weapon slightly
- ▲ Increased Imp health from 50 to 75
- ▼ Fixed a bug where the Imp couldn’t receive damage while he is making his Z-Mech phone call (he's now only invulnerable when the beam of light appears)
- ▼ Increased server-side bone collision size to make the Imp slightly easier to hit while he’s moving
- ▲ Reduced initial and regular cooldown times for Mech deploys by 30s
- ▲ Increased stamina for all Mechs by 20s
- ▲ Slightly increased accuracy
- Slightly reduced reticle bloom
The Imp's primary weapon is the Imp Blaster. It is a fast firing weapon that can fire up to 35 ammo before having to reload.
The Z-Mech's primary weapon is the Robo Laser. Robo Laser can be fired without having to reload however, if fired too long, it will immediately stop firing and will cool off before being able to fire again.
Imp starts to spin around and shoot his blasters, doing damage to all plants around him. It has 100 ammo and can be canceled earlier manually.
Throws a grenade, which creates a gravitational field that pulls in and traps every nearby plant for a short period of time.
Imp sends an S.O.S. message by his walkie-talkie and, after a short pause, the Z-Mech is deployed to where he is.
Z-Mech stomps the ground, releasing a shockwave, which does large AOE damage to all nearby plants.
Z-Mech launches up to 20 missiles from its back, with each one doing large splash damage.
Imp ejects from the Mech, after which Z-Mech explodes, damaging nearby plants. It is a one-time-use ability because it destroys the Z-Mech.
As the Imp, make sure you keep moving and jumping whilst shooting. The Imp's low health and low damage make it very easy for yourself to get vanquished. A good way to get Vanquishes is to ambush your target from behind and avoid fighting large groups of plants. If you accidentally start a skirmish with a group of plants, use Impkata while trying to find an escape.
As an Imp, Citrons will always be your worst nightmare. Citron has many abilities that can render Imp's abilities useless. If you want to fight a Citron, take caution of Spin Dash, as it can kill you if you have less than 50 health. Double jump as the Citron is going to smash into you.
Use Gravity Grenade if you want to set up a group of large plants into one bunch. The best time to execute a Gravity Grenade is near other zombies, as they will be able to help defeat the captured plants. Some classes like Foot Soldier or Super Brainz can easily use some of their abilities to quickly Vanquish the plants in this state. Gravity Grenade can also be used defensively to stop a plant from chasing you, but only use this strategy when in grave danger.
As the Z-Mech, you are still vulnerable to crowd control attacks such as Goop or Time Snare. These abilities can disable your own abilities, rendering your firepower almost useless. While your Z-Mech is powerful, never go head on against a large group of plants. You will be outnumbered and vanquished very quickly if you charge into a group of plants. Stay within a group and help them pressure groups of plants with your massive damage and health at your disposal.
Characters such as the Peashooter are effective against the Imp because of his splash damage, making hits on an Imp easier to land.
Ideally, using crowd-control abilities such as EMPeach or Time Snare render the Imps mobility useless, allowing any teammate to land free hits.
Against the Imp's Z-Mech, shoot the glass as it will deal critical damage to the mech. Rose can ignore the Z-Mechs resistance boost and can damage it normally.
The best class to go against Imp is his arch-nemesis Citron, also from the future. The EMPeach is most effective against mechs rather than other classes, so use this to your advantage to attack the mech while it is stunned. When Imp is at low health, use the Ball Dash to vanquish him, as long as you aren't spotted.
Tips and tricks
- Keep in mind that while you are calling your Z-Mech, you are immune to damage as soon as the beam of light appears, and shows the Z-Mech health until the Z-Mech is deployed.
- Always keep moving. Your low health makes it easy for you to be taken out.
- Use your Gravity Grenade to snare plants near your team, letting your teammates quickly take them out.
- When in your Z-Mech, don't rush into a group of plants, as they can team up on you and take you out very quickly.
- The Imp is the fastest zombie class in the game. Use this to your advantage.
- Use your double jump and hover to hover over gaps and climb platforms.
- A good tactic to do if your Z-Mech is ready is to wait until the Imp has low health. Once you call in the Z-Mech, you will automatically get full health.
- Don't be afraid to run backwards or jump while fighting. Imp's fast movement speed and its double jump can allow moves that would be considered "unpredictable".
- Avoid fighting the plants head-on. Instead, try going through routes behind or on the side of the plants and ambush them there.
- Avoid using the Gravity Grenade + Impkata combo. Impkata will do a lot less damage because it does not target airborne targets. The plants caught in the Gravity Grenade can easily vanquish you due to the reduced movement speed whilst using Impkata.
- Impkata is effectively used if you are surrounded or near a group of plants. However, take note that you get reduced movement speed while using it, making it a high risk, high reward ability.
- The Z-Mech is based on the Titan from Titanfall, another EA game.
- Imp also appears to have a jetpack similar to the one used by the Pilots in Titanfall.
- In the E3 announcement trailer, the Imp was seen riding a flying machine and ejecting from it. However, it is unknown if this might be an alternate ability or not.
- In the title screen, the several imps are viewed flying these in the top right corner, possibly hinting at it as an ability.
- As mentioned in records from E3, Citron is its counter in the same way that the Engineer is the Chomper's counter.
- By pre-ordering the game players get the Z7-Mech by Grass Effect, a spoof of Mass Effect. It is to be an alternate variant of the Z-Mech.
- It has been mentioned in a tweet by Gary Clay that there will also be alternative variants for the Imp to come with the Z-Mech.
- Unlike the Imp in the Plants vs. Zombies series, who wear red unbuttoned shirts and blue shorts, he wears an orange jumpsuit and shorts while donning a yellow helmet.
- In the E3 trailer, the Imp had 75 health points, although he actually has 50 health afterwards.
- Imp is the only new zombie class that doesn't have a different primary weapon when the aim button is being pressed.
- According to the Garden Warfare 2 prequel comic series, the Z-Mech is capable of translating an Imp's thoughts.
- The Imp's laugh is the same as the Defender Bot/Zombie Turret.
- When Imp is vanquished, he still holds the blasters in his hands.
- The Z-Mech lasts for 1:30.