Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 5/5. He has no traits, and his ability makes a Swabbie on a random lane every time he takes damage, unless all other lanes are occupied.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pirate Gargantuar Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie Imp with Amphibious in another random lane.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
- ▲ Ability change: Imp-Throwing Gargantuar can now throw Swabbies on aquatic lanes.
- Design change: the Imp on his back has been changed from a normal Imp to an Imp Commander without his hat and hook.
- Design change: The Imp on his back has now been changed to a Swabbie.
- Ability now mentions that he throws Swabbies on random lanes.
This Gargantuar is a pretty average zombie for its brain cost. However, his ability of creating Swabbies when hurt can be used to block the attack of an Anti-Hero plant, a hard-hitting plant, or an Amphibious plant, or just land 1 free damage on the plant hero. This can easily fill all lanes with Swabbies, making Zombot's Wrath a very good combination with this zombie. Unlife of the Party also goes great with Imp-Throwing Gargantuar. Since this zombie is a Gargantuar zombie, Smashing Gargantuar and Wizard Gargantuar can give the Frenzy/Bullseye trait. Additionally, he is also a pirate zombie, so Impfinity can use this with Swashbuckler Zombie.
Because his ability only activates when he is hurt, you should try to keep the damage done to this zombie as low as possible. Healing and boosting the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's health can also be a good idea, but only Z-Mech and Electric Boogaloo can do this.
Against Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, the fewer number of attacks needed to destroy him, the better. A plant with 5 or more strength does the best against him. Any instant-kill card like Squash, Lawnmower, Doom-Shroom, or Winter Squash does not activate Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability, so it is useful as well. Transforming this zombie with Goatify or Transmogrify is also an option.
- He is one of the four zombies that can directly make other zombies that are not from his class, the other three being Portal Technician, Tomb Raiser Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker.
- However, if tricks are counted as well, Gargantuars' Feast can do the same thing too.
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, he actually throws the Imps, rather than them being shot out of the cannon strapped on his back.
- Through Swabbies, this is the only way to get an Amphibious card through a class that cannot normally use Amphibious cards.
- Even though his Imp on the back is now redesigned to a Swabbie, the card still has a regular Imp.
- Although the description of the ability says "When Hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious", it does not mention random lanes, even though in the game, the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar throws Swabbies in random lanes.
- This was fixed in an update, as the description of Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability mentions that he makes Swabbies in random lanes.
- He is the only Gargantuar zombie in the Crazy class.
- In the tutorial, Super Brainz can use him despite not being a Crazy hero.