Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Tribe||Pirate Gargantuar Zombie|
|Abilities|| When hurt: Make a|
1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious.
|More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.|
Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 5/5. His ability will summon a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious in a random empty lane every time he is hurt.
Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's design is based on the Gargantuar Pirate from Plants vs. Zombies 2. His special ability is a reference to how, when the Pirate Gargantuar has lost half his health, he will throw an Imp Pirate Zombie.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Pirate Gargantuar Zombie
- Ability: When hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
- ▲ Imp-Throwing Gargantuar can now throw Swabbies on water lanes
- Design change: the Imp on his back has been changed from a normal Imp to resemble Imp Commander (albeit without his hat and hook).
- Design change: the Imp on his back has now been changed to a Swabbie.
This Gargantuar is a pretty average zombie for its brain cost. However, his ability of creating Swabbies when hurt can be used to block the attack of an Anti-Hero plant, a hard-hitting plant, or an Amphibious plant, or just land 1 free damage on the plant hero. This can easily fill all lanes with Swabbies, making Zombot's Wrath a very good combination with this zombie. Unlife of the Party also goes great with the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar. Since this zombie is a gargantuar zombie, Smashing Gargantuar and Wizard Gargantuar can give the Frenzy/Bullseye trait. Additionally, he is also a pirate zombie, so Impfinity can use this with Swashbuckler Zombie too.
Because his ability only activates when he is hurt, you should try to keep the damage done to this zombie as low as possible. Healing and boosting the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's health can also be a good idea, but only Z-Mech and Electric Boogaloo can do this.
Impfinity should use this with Toxic Waste Imp and against high-health plants, as the Deadly trait allows the Swabbies to kill those plants with one hit, provided they don't have the Armored trait. It is also best to prevent any damage to both the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp and the Toxic Waste Imp alive as the Gargantuar can spawn more Swabbies and the Toxic Waste Imp can give them Deadly.
Against Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, the less number of attacks needed to destroy him, the better. A plant with 5 or more strength does the best against him. Any instant-kill card like Squash, Lawnmower, Doom-Shroom, or Winter Squash does not activate Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability, so it is useful as well. Transforming this zombie with Goatify or Transmogrify is also an option.
- He is one of the four zombies that can directly summon other zombies that are not from his class, the other three being Portal Technician, Tomb Raiser Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker.
- However, if tricks are counted as well, Gargantuars' Feast can do the same thing too.
- His design is based on Gargantuar Pirate from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, he actually throws the Imps, rather than them being shot out of the cannon strapped on his back.
- Through Swabbies, this is the only way to get an Amphibious card through a class that cannot normally use Amphibious cards.
- Even though his Imp on the back is now redesigned to a Swabbie, the card still has a regular Imp.
- Although the description of the ability says "When Hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious", it does not mention random lanes, even though in the game, the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar throws Swabbies in random lanes.