|Tribe||Pirate Gargantuar Zombie|
|More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.|
Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. It costs 5 to play, and has 5/5. Its effect will summon a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious in a random empty lane every time it is hurt.
Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's design is based on the Gargantuar Pirate from Plants vs. Zombies 2. Its special ability is a reference to how, when the Pirate Gargantuar has lost half its health, it will throw an Imp Pirate Zombie.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Pirate Gargantuar Zombie
- Effect: When hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
- ▲ Imp-Throwing Gargantuar can now throw Swabbies on water lanes
- Design change: the Imp on its back has been changed from a normal Imp to resemble Imp Commander (albeit without its hat and its hook).
- Design change: the Imp on its back has now been changed to a Swabbie.
This Gargantuar is a pretty average zombie for its brain cost. However, its effect of creating Swabbies when hurt can be used to block the attack of an Anti-Hero plant, a hard-hitting plant, or an Amphibious plant, or just land 1 free damage on the plant hero. This can easily fill all lanes with Swabbies, making Zombot's Wrath a very good combination with this zombie. Unlife of the Party also goes great with the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar. Since this zombie is a Gargantuar, Smashing Gargantuar and Wizard Gargantuar can give the Frenzy/Bullseye trait. Since this is also a Pirate Zombie, Impfinity can use this with Swashbuckler Zombie too.
Because its effect only activates when it is hurt, you should try to keep the damage done to this zombie as low as possible. Healing and boosting the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's health can also be a good idea, but only Z-Mech can do this.
Against Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, the less number of attacks needed to destroy it, the better. A plant with 5 or more strength does the best against it. Any instant-kill card like Squash, Lawnmower, Doom-Shroom, or Winter Squash does not activate Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability, so it is useful as well. Transforming this zombie with Goatify or Transmogrify is also an option.
- It is one of the four zombies that can directly summon other zombies that are not from its Class, the other three being Portal Technician, Tomb Raiser Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker.
- However, if tricks are counted as well, Gargantuars' Feast can do the same thing too.
- Unlike its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, it actually throws the Imps, rather than them being shot out of the cannon strapped on its back.
- Through Swabbies, this is the only way to get an Amphibious card through a class that cannot normally use Amphibious cards.
- Although it has an Imp on its back, when it throws an Imp, it changes into a Swabbie when played in a lane.