|Tribe||Pirate Gargantuar Zombie|
|Abilities|| When hurt: Make a|
1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious in a random lane.
|More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.|
Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 5/5. He does not have any traits, and his ability makes a Swabbie on a random lane every time he takes damage, unless all other lanes are occupied.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pirate Gargantuar Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious in a random lane.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
- ▲ Ability change: Imp-Throwing Gargantuar can now throw Swabbies on aquatic lanes.
- Design change: the Imp on his back has been changed from a normal Imp to an Imp Commander without his hat and hook.
- Design change: The Imp on his back has now been changed to a Swabbie.
- Ability now mentions that he throws Swabbies on random lanes.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Rare
- Sound effect change: Now uses Gargantuar-Throwing Imp's sound effects.
- Sound effect change: Now uses his previous sound effects.
This Gargantuar is a pretty average zombie for its brain cost. However, his ability to make Swabbies when hurt can be used to block the attack of an Anti-Hero plant, a hard-hitting plant, or an Amphibious plant, or just land 1 free damage on the plant or the plant hero. This can easily fill all lanes with Swabbies, making Zombot's Wrath a very good combination with this zombie. Unlife of the Party also goes great with Imp-Throwing Gargantuar. Since this zombie is a Gargantuar zombie, Smashing Gargantuar and Wizard Gargantuar can give the Frenzy/Bullseye trait. Additionally, he is also a pirate zombie, so Impfinity can use this with Swashbuckler Zombie.
Since the Swabbies made have very low stats, Valkyrie can be boosted greatly for each Swabbie destroyed.
Because his ability only activates when he is hurt, you should try to keep the damage done to this zombie as low as possible. Healing or boosting Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's health can also be a good idea, but only Z-Mech and Electric Boogaloo can do this. You can also play this in Spikeweed Sector or Hot Lava to make a free Swabbie before combat.
Impfinity should use this with Toxic Waste Imp and against high-health plants, as the Deadly trait allows the Swabbies to kill plants with one hit, provided they don't have the Armored trait or are shielded. Just keep in mind that Imp-Throwing Gargantuar is not in the Imp tribe, but the Swabbies made do.
Against Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, the fewer number of attacks needed to destroy him, the better. A plant with 5 or more strength does the best against him. Any instant-kill card like Squash, Lawnmower, Doom-Shroom, or Winter Squash does not activate Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability, so it is useful as well. Transforming this zombie with Goatify or Transmogrify is also an option, though not the best sometimes.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Imp-Throwing Gargantuar.
- He is one of the four zombies that can directly make other zombies that are not from his class, the other three being Portal Technician, Tomb Raiser Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker.
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, he actually throws the Imps, rather than them being shot out of the cannon strapped on his back.
- Through Swabbies, this is the only way to get an Amphibious card through a class that cannot normally use Amphibious cards.
- Even though the Imp on his back is now redesigned to a Swabbie, the card still has a regular Imp.
- The description of this card's ability used to say "When hurt: Make a 1/1 Swabbie with Amphibious", without mentioning random lanes, even though in the game, Imp-Throwing Gargantuar throws Swabbies in random lanes.
- This was fixed in an update, as the description of Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's ability now mentions that he makes Swabbies in random lanes.
- He is the first Gargantuar zombie in the Crazy class, the second being Hippity Hop Gargantuar.
- In the tutorial, Super Brainz can use him despite not being a Crazy hero.
- His description foreshadowed the addition of Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
- Prior to update 1.14.13, he and Smashing Gargantuar were the only Basic - Common Gargantuar cards.