|Signature Superpower||Witch's Familiar|
|Other Superpowers|| Summoning|
|Yes, she's a Zombie AND a witch. She believes death is too short to limit oneself.|
Immorticia is a zombie hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the leader of the Brainy and Beastly classes. Her signature superpower is Witch's Familiar, which makes a Zom-Bats on a selected ground or heights lane, which gives her a card every time it does damage to a plant.
Her design is based on a stereotypical Halloween witch, although her hair resembles that of Frankenstein's bride. She also seems to have some inspiration from Dracula.
Immorticia's name is a portmanteau of "immortal," referring to the fact that she cannot be destroyed but can be knocked out, and "Morticia," referring to the Addam's family character named Morticia Addams.
- Classes: Brainy, Beastly
- Boss Fights:
- Battle Area: Haunted Mansion
Yes, she's a Zombie AND a witch. She believes death is too short to limit oneself.
Immorticia always has a surprise up her sleeve with a vast variety of Tricks, from growing her Zombies or destroying Plants outright!
Immorticia has a complicated class combination of Brainy and Beastly zombies. This means she has access to both bonus attacks and powerful buffing tricks.
She has access to the typical science and pet zombies, as well as powerful tricks such as Vitamin Z, Lurch for Lunch, Fun-Dead Raiser, and Hail-a-Copter. These tricks, combined with cards that grant extra brains, can make Paparazzi Zombie extremely powerful. Locust Swarm and Maniacal Laugh also have the potential to turn the tide of battle in the late game.
Immorticia has the potential to allow selected zombies to last longer than normal on the battlefield, and consequently deal more damage. A particular example is the Paparazzi Zombie, which has the greatest synergy with Vitamin Z. Playing Vitamin Z on Paparazzi gives it a massive +4/+4 for 3 brains. Likewise, Immorticia can also boost Bullseye zombies such as Pool Shark, causing devastation that her opponent cannot block. Gentleman Zombie also has great use with Immorticia, as he will allow Immorticia to play more expensive tricks early.
As stated by Crazy Dave, Immorticia's classes give her amazing Gargantuar synergy. Her Brainy class gives her access to Wizard Gargantuar, while her Beastly class allows her to use most of the Gargantuar zombies, including Smashing Gargantuar. Wizard Gargantuar gives all Gargantuars Bullseye, while Smashing Gargantuar gives all Gargantuars Frenzy. Both of these two combined will make incredible threats. However, her most deadly combo is Teleport + Zombot 1000, which will destroy all newly played plants and also make Zombot 1000 invulnerable to threats like Squash or Lawnmower. In fact, Immorticia is the only hero who can do it normally without the need of help from cards that can give off-class cards.
However, Immorticia's vast trick disposal is also her hugest downfall. Having tons of tricks is great for a deck, but can also impact it a lot. Fewer zombies can be really bad for a hand, especially in the early game. Plant cards such as Dark Matter Dragonfruit, Brainana and Forget-Me-Nuts can also put a huge dent in her strategies if used frequently. Immorticia players should not try and put every single trick in a deck, as they will clog the deck and likely make a poor deck. However, Haunting Zombie can solve this a bit, as it is a good early game tool to have with decks with minimal zombies.
Another weakness that Immorticia has is that she cannot easily deal with rush decks due to the lack of The Chickening and Weed Spray. This is not helped by her being unable to use Fire Rooster or Trapper Zombie, so a simple Shroom for Two can spell doom to Immorticia early on. The only thing Immorticia can do in order to deal with rush decks is to fight fire with fire or use instant-kill tricks.
Immorticia must be dealt with as early as possible. Beastly heroes need a few turns to truly begin boosting. Her Brainy class helps her do this earlier than others, provided that her important brain-granting zombies survive.
One method is to adapt to her powerful bag of tricks. Distributing buffs evenly between a large number of plants on the board will minimize the value of Locust Swarm and Rocket Science. Putting too many boosts on a single plant makes it a target for the above mentioned tricks. Rushing Immorticia with cheap, high-attack plants such as mushrooms to deal heavy damage is an example of this method.
Another option is to copy her playstyle, buffing or healing plants while preventing zombies from being buffed and removing heavily buffed zombies is effective, although the match may be in stalemate for a long time. Outsmarting her with your own tricks is also an option, although certain plant heroes may find this method problematic, especially if they are not Smarty heroes.
- Main article: Community-built decks/Immorticia
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Immorticia.
- She and Neptuna are the only female zombie heroes.
- This means that the Crazy class is the only class that isn't lead by a female zombie hero.
- For some reason, the AI for Immorticia can use cards she cannot normally use, such as Undying Pharaoh, Monster Mash, Conga Zombie, Bungee Plumber and Imp-Throwing Gargantuar. They can be easily seen on the Haunting at Morbid Manor.
- Immorticia seems to actually care for her Zom-Bats, as seen in the second comic strip for Menace on Molten Mountain!, where a dead Zom-Bat can be seen falling, and Immorticia is holding out her hands to catch it.
- She, Neptuna, Valkyrie, Parasol Zombie, Tennis Champ, and Glitter Zombie are the only female zombies, in the entire series, to wear visible makeup.
- Immorticia is the only Beastly hero that doesn't have a pet-based strategy deck.
- This is because the only pet cards in the Brainy class are her signature superpower, Witch's Familiar, and the zombie it makes, Zom-Bats.
- She is also the only Brainy hero that doesn't have a science-based strategy deck.
- This is ironic, as she has access to the the most science cards out of all zombie heroes.
- Immorticia shares the same battle music as Super Brainz and Neptuna.
- Out of the three, she is the only one that doesn't lead the Sneaky class.
- She has the second most tricks out of all zombie heroes, at 19, not counting superpowers or token cards, after Professor Brainstorm at 21 tricks.
- She also has access to the least number of Gravestone zombies, being only 9. She is also the only zombie hero without access to such zombies that cost 5 or more normally.
- The name of Immorticia's Legendary strategy deck, "Bag of Tricks", could be reference to Crazy Dave telling the player that Immorticia is hoping to "Unleash a bag of tricks" on the player during their first encounter.