Ice trail is an environment modifier left behind by a Zomboni which causes the player unable to plant any plants on it. It will disappear after 30 seconds or if the player uses Jalapeno to melt it. Wherever the ice trail appears, a Zombie Bobsled Team may appear on it, with the exceptions of Level 5-10, Dr. Zomboss's Revenge, Invisi-ghoul, Heat Wave and Survival Mode levels.
Ice trails can be very tedious if the player does not kill the Zomboni or Walrus Zombie quickly, as they do not allow the player to plant on them, and causes the Zombie Bobsled Teams and Ski Zombies to appear to rush ahead. However, the player can destroy the ice trail using a Jalapeno to melt it. The other method is to use some strong plants such as instant kills to kill the Zomboni or Walrus Zombie before it leaves too long of an ice trail. The player can end the Ice Trail quickly by using a Spikeweed on the Zomboni or by using a Whirlwind Acorn on the Walrus Zombie. If the player doesn't plant it on time, they can use a Jalapeno to kill the Zombie Bobsled Team or Ski Zombie and the trail at the same time.
Plant vs. Zombies
Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2
- It cannot cover the daisies made from the "daisies" code.
- If a Zomboni appears on Roof levels, it will stop laying it after it reaches the slanted portion of the roof.
- In the Almanac entries for Zomboni and Zombie Bobsled Team, there is an ice trail behind them.
- In Invisi-ghoul, the player can see a Zomboni coming as it is visible.
- In Plants vs. Zombies 2, if the player gives Plant Food to a Snow Pea, it will make it leave an ice trail that slows down zombies, but it disappears after a few seconds.
- In the Nintendo DS version of Plants vs. Zombies, there is a glitch that allows the player to plant on it if timed right.
- It will not disappear in Bobsled Bonanza unless the player uses the Jalapeno on the respective lane.