Ice Cactus is the Super Rare ice variant of the Cactus in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It shoots projectiles that make the target slow down, which after multiple hits on a single target, can freeze the target and make them unable to move, attack, or use abilities.
The Ice Cactus was thought to be a myth. Most Plants didn't believe it could snow in the desert, let alone be an environment that Plants could emerge from. Well, they were in for an ice surprise.
Ice Cactus slows, and eventually freezes Zombies!
Ice Needle is the primary weapon of the Ice Cactus; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 22 and the critical is 26.
- The max DPS at close range is 65.0.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 19 and the critical is 23.
- The max DPS at middle range is 57.5.
- The base long range damage per hit is 16 and the critical is 19.
- The max DPS at long range is 47.5.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon has an ice effect; it slows a target with a hit. If enough hits are dealt the target will get frozen.
- The ammo in a clip is 20.
- The reload time is 2.5 seconds.
- The projectile speed is fast.
- The weapon is a semi-precision weapon.
- The bloom is medium.
Potato Mine is a passive attack piece that deals 175 to any zombies that step on it.
Pizzazzling Potato Mine (GW2 only)
Garlic Drone is a drone with five health. It is armed with the Needle Shot and a Corn Strike.
Tallnut Battlement is a wall of two Tall-nuts and two Wall-nuts held together by vines. It can be used to stall zombies or provide cover.
Potato Nugget Mine
An alternate ability of Potato Mine, Potato Nugget Mine is smaller and does less damage. However, it is easier to camouflage and the player can place more of them at once compared to Potato Mine.
An alternate ability of Garlic Drone, Artichoke Drone has 20 health instead of the Garlic Drone's five, armed with the Artichoke Hearts and Baby Corn attack.
An alternate ability of Tallnut Battlement, Iron Maiden is an armored Wall-nut and hard to destroy. It is much stronger than the Tallnut Battlement; its only downside is its short width.
Cold Snap Reload
Reload speed enhanced through cold snap reloading.
Extra Frosty Spikes
Frost Creation of spikes allows for extra ammo capacity.
Sharper Colder Spikes
Ice spikes are both sharper and colder, causing more damage.
The Ice Cactus is an ideal plant to have around if the zombies rely on high movement speed to attack the plants as about five consecutive hits from the Ice Cactus will cause them to freeze in place for about three seconds, allowing another plant to finish them off. The Ice Cactus shoots noticeably faster than the default Cactus but the below-average needle damage (which can deal as little as 16 damage at long ranges and no more than 26 at maximum) puts the Ice Cactus firmly in the role of a support plant. The Ice Cactus is quite useful for players who like to play the role of a "helper" Cactus (that is playing as a Cactus to assist another Cactus in killing zombies) as the ability to stop zombies in their tracks by freezing them makes a Cactus' work a lot easier as it can, for example, allow a Camo Cactus to line up lethal headshot.
- Its top color resembles Power Cactus' original color.
- The bottom part is a normal part of the Cactus.
- It shares this trait with Fire Cactus.
- If the player uses a customization on its hands, they will revert to normal Cactus hands rather than the Ice Cactus' own arms.
- This also happens with all other Cactus variants.