Hypno-shroom is a Super Rare Spawnable Plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Unlike in Plants vs. Zombies and its sequel, its purpose isn't to make a zombie fight on the plants' side. Instead, once spawned, it starts moving around while looking for playable zombies and if it spots one, it will latch on to it by attaching a beam called the Hypno Leech to the targeted zombie. If a player is targeted by this beam, it will disrupt the player's vision and controls and deals a small amount of damage. The Hypno-shroom will continue to follow after the targeted player indefinitely until it is vanquished. Its other attacks are the Hypno Shot and Hypno Pulse.
CLOSE RANGE: DISRUPTION
Get too close, and he'll make you lose your marbles!
- Despite being a mushroom, it is treated as a Weed.
- His attack looks similar to a Scientist's Goo Blaster.
- He is the only Weed to be based on a plant from the original game.
- He is also the only Weed to not even slightly look similar to the design of all other Weeds, the only one (if any) to be based on a mushroom and the only mushroom to not be a potted plant.
- Many of the expressions that this makes closely resemble the exaggerated expressions that it makes in Plants vs. Zombies 2, especially after it has been fed Plant Food.