|Sun cost||100 sun|
|Usage||Single use, instant|
|Special|| Chills affected zombies|
Blows away flying zombies in lane
|Unlocked||Buying with 99 gems|
|Unlocked (China)||Collect 30 Hurrikale Puzzle Pieces|
|You could say Hurrikale is a "blow hard" in the truest sense of the phrase. He is the first chair trombonist in the Biennial Philharmonic Orchestra. He is also proficient in the trumpet, saxophone and the tuba. But man o' man, you should really see him on the flugelhorn. Dude absolutely kills it.|
Hurrikale chills and pushes all zombies in its lane back up to approximately 5 tiles, but cannot push them off the lane. Similar to Blover, Hurrikale can also blow away all airborne enemies, albeit only in the lane it is placed on. Hurrikale's winds can also cause two Dandelions in its lane to release multiple bombs at once, but the Dandelions will be disabled for 10 seconds afterward.
Hurrikale's name is a portmanteau of "hurricane," a strong tropical cyclone often seen as a natural disaster, and "kale," a vegetable of the Brassica oleracea species. Hurrikale's powers are inspired from hurricanes, as it uses the power of a strong and cold wind to push back zombies and chill them for a short time.
Sun cost: 100
Hurrikales push back all zombies in their lane with a chilling wind.
Usage: single use, instant
Special: chills affected zombies
Special: blows away flying zombies in lane
You could say Hurrikale is a "blow hard" in the truest sense of the phrase. He is the first chair trombonist in the Biennial Philharmonic Orchestra. He is also proficient in the trumpet, saxophone and the tuba. But man o' man, you should really see him on the flugelhorn. Dude absolutely kills it.
Hurrikale allows the player to fend off the incoming threats and buy time by pushing zombies back and slowing them down. As Hurrikale's effect is not diminished by the amount or strength of the zombies, Hurrikale can prove to be valuable in higher levels of the Endless Zones when large amounts of high health zombies such as Gargantuar will appear, especially in conjunction with chokepoints in Frostbite Caves or generated by Sweet Potato.
When using Hurrikale in conjunction with fire-based plants, be aware that fire attacks will thaw pushed zombies, but not affect Hurrikale's pushing capability. While the pushing aspect is usually more important than the chilling aspect, fire plants can still be detrimental to Hurrikale's effectiveness, as they will reduce the time for the zombies to return to their original position after being pushed. Hurrikale will also extinguish Explorer Zombie's torch.
Hurrikale can also be used as an emergency weapon against airborne zombies in its lane (including zombies launched by Chard Guard and Power Toss), although Blover is more suitable for the job as it can affect the entire screen. Hurrikale can also be used in conjunction with Dandelions to cause two in a lane to release several bombs at once. However, be aware that this leaves the Dandelions open to threats as they must recharge afterwards.
This plant is also useful in Jurassic Marsh levels in order to counter the dinosaurs' interactions with the zombies. It can be used either to slow down and push back zombies that were affected by T. Rex, or by simply pushing back zombies that were affected by any other dinosaur.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Hurrikale.
- Hurrikale can instantly kill any zombie in plankless lanes in Pirate Seas.
- Although the Almanac states that its recharge is Fast, it is actually Mediocre.
- Hurrikale cannot eliminate zombies from the yard that were sprung by Spring Bean, hurled by any other zombie or flung by Chard Guard.
- In the 3.1 update, Hurrikale's sound when blowing was changed and its leaves behind the rotors became lighter in color.
- Hurrikale's price has changed five times:
- When Fire Peashooter appeared in stores on February 17, 2015, Hurrikale's price was changed from 129 gems, to 99 gems, to 79 gems.
- When Dandelion was released, Hurrikale's price was changed to 109 gems.
- It later was changed back to 129 gems in the Frostbite Caves Part 2 update. It was once again changed to 79 gems.
- In the 3.4.4 update, the price was changed back to 99 gems.
- Hurrikale can end Turquoise Skull Zombie's burning attack.
- Hurrikale is among the four plants whose range is an entire lane, the others being Jalapeno, Laser Bean, and Perfume-shroom.
- Hurrikale and Lava Guava are the only plants where their textures were changed during an update.