- For other uses, see Potato Mine (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When destroyed: Do 6 damage to a zombie here.|
|Sure, he has an explosive temper. But for the most part, he's pretty even peeled.|
Hothead is a token plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom and Guardian classes. He is made by Tater Toss, Spudow's signature superpower, but can also be made by Cornucopia's ability, or transformed by Seedling or Petal-Morphosis' ability. He costs 3 to play (only when he is Bounced), and has 1. He has the Team-Up trait, and his ability does 6 damage to a zombie on his lane when he is destroyed.
His name comes from the word "hothead," a person who gets angry easily. It may also be a pun, as Hothead is, in fact, Spudow's head.
- Classes: Kabloom, Guardian
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: When destroyed: Do 6 damage to a Zombie here.
- Set: Token
Sure, he has an explosive temper. But for the most part, he's pretty even peeled.
- Name change: Hot Potato → Hothead
Apply the same strategies as you would for Potato Mine. However, since this does 6 damage opposed to 2, it is recommended to save this to defeat a tough zombie like Shieldcrusher Viking, Drum Major, Smashing Gargantuar, etc. He can also immediately counter Trickster, especially if the zombie hero spent all their brains. Be careful of Teleport if they are using Trickster, though. Also, because he has the Team-Up trait, you can protect a plant with this and apply some pressure to the opponent. However, be wary that this will not defeat some zombies such as Wizard Gargantuar or Knight of the Living Dead without support.
Against this, there is very little to counter him. If he is played near a really important zombie, the best option is to Bounce this to save some time. In this case, the hero would have to spend 3 sun in order to replant him. It is not recommended to use damaging tricks as he will also still activate his effect. Another option is moving zombies to other lanes, so they will not be hurt from this. At this point, you could also use a damaging trick to waste his ability in the process.
- Hothead and Explode-o-nut are the only plants that share the appearance of another plant, but are tinted red instead of their regular coloration.
- In some missions, Spudow can play him as if he was a normal plant.
- Prior to update 1.4.14, Hothead was called "Hot Potato."
- Hothead, Zom-Bats, Impfinity Clone and Octo-Pet are currently the only cards that are in two classes.
- However, before update 1.2.12, Goat used to be in two classes as well, albeit it was in plant classes.
- Out of these four, it is the only one from the plants side.