- For other uses, see Potato Mine (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When destroyed: Do 6 damage to a zombie here.|
|Sure, he has an explosive temper. But for the most part, he's pretty even peeled.|
Hothead is a token plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom and Guardian classes. It costs 3 to play, and has 1. It has the Team-Up trait, and its ability does 6 damage to a zombie on its lane when it is destroyed.
- Class: Kabloom, Guardian
- Tribe: Root Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: When destroyed: Do 6 damage to a Zombie here.
- Rarity: Legendary
Sure, he has an explosive temper. But for the most part, he's pretty even peeled.
- Name change: Hot Potato → Hothead
Apply the same strategies as you would for Potato Mine. However, since this does 6 damage opposed to 2, it's recommended to save this to defeat a tough zombie like Shieldcrusher Viking, Drum Major, Smashing Gargantuar, etc. It can also immediately counter Trickster, especially if the zombie hero spent all their brains. Also, because it has the Team-Up trait, you can protect a plant with this and apply some pressure to the opponent. However, be wary that this will not defeat some zombies such as Wizard Gargantuar or Knight of the Living Dead without support.
Against this, there is very little to counter it. If it's placed near a really important zombie, the best option is to bounce this to save some time. In this case, the hero would have to spend 3 sun in order to replant it. It is not recommended to use damaging tricks as it will also still activate its effect. Another option is moving zombies to other lanes, so they will not be hurt from this. At this point, you could also use a damaging trick to waste its ability in the process.
- Hothead and Explode-o-nut are the only plants that share the appearance of another plant, but are tinted red instead of their regular coloration.
- In some missions, Spudow can play it as if it was a normal plant.
- Prior to the 1.4 update, Hothead was called "Hot Potato."
- Hothead, Zom-Bats, Impfinity Clone and Octo-Pet are currently the only cards that consist two classes.
- However, before the 1.2.12 update, Goat used to be in two classes as well, albeit it was in plant classes.
- Out of these four, this is the only one from the plants' side.