Hot Dog Imp is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He has the Strikethrough trait, and does not have any abilities. His closest plant counterpart is Fume-Shroom.
His name is a combination of the words "hot dog," referring to his costume, and "Imp," the type of zombie he is.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Gourmet Imp Zombie
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
He was THIS close to wearing the chicken costume, but darn it, Team Mascot Imp called it first.
- Added to the game.
- Attack animation change: Now throws three hot dogs.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Hot Dog Imp is one of the few zombies that has the Strikethrough trait, making him able to hurt your opponent and destroy any frail plants behind tough plants with Team-Up at the same time. With conjunction of either Toxic Waste Imp or Super Stench, he can wreak havoc in a lane with tough plants. Since he is an Imp zombie, not only does he benefit from Toxic Waste Imp, but he benefits heavily from Imp Commander as well. His Strikethrough trait almost guarantees the player to draw an extra card because he can hit both plants and the plant hero, as long as the plant hero does not block the attack. He also works very well with Lurch for Lunch, though only Super Brainz can normally use this combo. If you are playing as Brain Freeze or Impfinity, you can boost Hot Dog Imp to be able to do massive damage to your opponent and their plants. If you are playing as Neptuna, you can boost his health to survive attacks, especially when facing off against Shroom for Two or Pair of Pears.
A good tip to notice that is that if both heroes have 1 and Hot Dog Imp is played on the leftmost lane, without your opponent stopping him, you can win the game, as zombies attack first, defeating your opponent before you are defeated. Hot Dog Imp can help you win the game if your opponent is really low on health. However, be warned that your opponent can still block his attack, Freeze, or destroy him.
Berry Blast, Weed Whack, and Sunburn can destroy him easily, while Iceberg Lettuce or Big Chill can prevent him from attacking. If he gets out of control (either when boosted or given the Deadly trait), Lawnmower, Squash, or Sizzle can destroy him. Be sure to keep some tricks or plants with damaging or destroying abilities in hand if you are low on health and you suspect Hot Dog Imp to be played.
If you want to prevent him from being a huge threat, try to prioritize on destroying Toxic Waste Imp or Imp Commander first.
- He was added in update 1.2.11, and was meant to replace Imp in older versions as Imp was originally 2/2.
- His description makes a reference to Team Mascot and his appearence.
- He is the only fighter added in update 1.2.11 that does not have 1/1.
- He is the first gourmet card in the Sneaky class. The second is Trapper Territory.
- He, Line Dancing Zombie, Space Cowboy and Zombot Plank Walker are the only zombies in the game with Strikethrough.
- He and Space Cowboy are the only Imps out of these four, not counting Zombot Plank Walker as it is not in the Imp tribe, even though it is controlled by an Imp.
- He also has the lowest strength out of the four.
- He is the only card in the game to be in both the gourmet and Imp tribes.