|Special||Warms nearby plants|
|Weakness||(immune to explosion)|
|Hot Date's a charmer. He's polite, well-read, has lots of interesting opinions, and practices active listening. Zombies line up around the block to be incinerated by him.|
Hot Date is a special-edition premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2, tied to the 2017 Valenbrainz event. If a zombie one lane above or below gets close enough to a Hot Date, it will switch lanes to the lane the Hot Date is on, similar to the Sweet Potato. He will also explode like a Jalapeno once eaten.
Hot Date is based on a date, the fruit of the date palm; and the phrase "hot date," meaning an appealing person someone is dating.
SUN COST: 175
Hot Dates attract zombies from lanes above and below them, and then unleash a lane of flame when they're eaten.
Special: warms nearby plants
Hot Date's a charmer. He's polite, well-read, has lots of interesting opinions, and practices active listening. Zombies line up around the block to be incinerated by him.
|1||0||0||175||25 seconds||15 seconds||20 bites||50 nds||Multi-Lane|
|2||10||1,000||175||24 seconds||14 seconds||22 bites||50 nds|
|3||75||5,000||175||23 seconds||13 seconds||24 bites||55 nds|
|4||200||10,000||150||23 seconds||13 seconds||26 bites||60 nds|
|5||400||20,000||150||22 seconds||12 seconds||28 bites||65 nds|
|6||750||30,000||125||22 seconds||12 seconds||30 bites||70 nds|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||21 seconds||11 seconds||35 bites||75 nds|
|8||1,000||50,000||100||21 seconds||11 seconds||40 bites||80 nds|
|9||1,500||60,000||100||20 seconds||10 seconds||45 bites||85 nds|
|10||2,000||75,000||75||20 seconds||10 seconds||50 bites||90 nds|
Plant Food effect
Hot Date will regain all of his lost health and attract zombies to him in a 4x3 area, similar to Sweet Potato.
Hot Date can be treated as a luring Explode-O-Nut, as the two have really similar abilities, both being defensive plants that when eaten, become an instant kill. However, Hot Date behaves like a Jalapeno, while Explode-O-Nut behaves like a Cherry Bomb. This should not be a problem however, due to Hot Date being able to lure zombies into his lane.
- There is a bug that, after his Plant Food is used while he is exploding, he will become invisible to zombies, and not be treated like he is on the field.
- This is probably due to the plant being both destroyed and not destroyed at the same time, confusing the game for the plant's current state, and get treated as destroyed as a result.
- His pupils are larger in his seed packet image than they are in game.
- Hot Date also has a different eye color in this game than he does Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- He, Sweet Potato, and Garlic, are so far the only three plants with lane changing effects.
- He reuses some of Boombox Zombie's textures, specifically the particles and hearts that float around him.