(translation: Horse Bean Commando)
|Recharge||Mediocre (not mentioned)|
|Unlocked||Collecting ten Horsebean Puzzle Pieces|
Horsebean in flight school won the "best pilot" title, after graduation, they can't wait to form a team of flight. Although Horsebean often brags about his flying skills, everyone seems to not dare to set foot on their bumpy mothership.
Horsebean (蚕豆突击队; pinyin: cándòu tújí duì) is the fourth plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The beans that are inside the pod fly towards a nearby zombie. Then, they start shooting peas at it. After attacking the zombie, the beans fly back into the pod and must recharge before they can attack again.
Sun cost: 450
Horsebean attacks zombies around.
Special: Attack with horse bean team in range.
Plant feature: green plant, flying plant, brother group
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, for one minute, Horsebean will be able to spawn 6 horse beans that will attack the first couple of rows and have a shorter cooldown time for each attack.
The cooldown time for each attack are even shorter.
This plant is more technically a Peashooter. But it is more powerful, costly, and airborne Peashooter. While it takes a while to recharge, it is a strong plant, and is good in many worlds outside of Sky City, although Sky City and Big Wave Beach are a bit more ideal due to it being airborne. Costing as much as Carrot Missile Truck, it provides more damage per second, so this plant is a good choice for Sky City levels, and also decent for others. Overall, it may need to get some defensive and supportive plants to work nicely.
- It, Carrot Missile Truck, and Firebloom Queen are the only plants with the sun cost of 450.
- Coincidentally, they all have mediocre recharges.
- In the iOS version of the game, the Almanac entry erroneously states that Horsebean can absorb thunderbolts, which is Anthurium's ability.
- This was fixed in the Android release.
- This plant has the longest time Plant Food effect, which lasts for one minute.
- The second longest can be Magnifying Grass, but Magnifying Grass' Plant Food effect depends on the amount of sun-producers that are on the lawn when it is fed Plant Food.
- It and Skyshooter are the only flying peashooters.
- It, Green Shadow, Sting Bean and The Podfather are the only peashooting plants which do not have either "shooter" and/or "pea" in their name.