Hippity Hop Gargantuar is an event zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 6/4. He does not have any traits, and his ability makes a Mystery Egg on a random lane every time he takes damage unless all other non-aquatic lanes are occupied.
He was introduced in update 1.12.6 and was made craftable in update 1.16.0.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pet Gargantuar Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When hurt: Make a Mystery Egg in a random lane.
- Set: Event
Sometimes, what has been seen... can't be unseen. This is one of those times.
- Added to the game.
- Sound effect change: Now uses Rodeo Gargantuar's sound effects.
- Became craftable.
- Sound effect change: Now uses his previous sound effects.
This zombie has a similar usage to Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, as both will make a zombie on a random lane when they take damage. However, unlike Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, Hippity Hop Gargantuar has 1 health less and cannot take as many hits, while Mystery Egg cannot be made on aquatic lanes. However, he does have 1 more strength.
Since this zombie is both a pet and a Gargantuar zombie, Electric Boogaloo can use him either in his Gargantuar deck, where Hippity Hop Gargantuar will benefit from Smashing Gargantuar, or his pet deck, where he can be used to activate the abilities of Cat Lady and Zookeeper. You can also make him hit harder and take more damage by using tricks like Maniacal Laugh and Vitamin Z, which in turn allows him to make even more Mystery Eggs.
Professor Brainstorm can combine this with Wizard Gargantuar to land 6 guaranteed damage on your opponent. He can also use Teleport to play him on a lane with weak attacking plants to activate his ability, which also prevents instant-kill tricks or transformation cards from being used on him.
Impfinity can use Mixed-Up Gravedigger or In-Crypted to instantly restore his health, which can allow him to make more Mystery Eggs. You can combine this with Headstone Carver to boost Hippity Hop Gargantuar. You can also Bounce this with Firefighter when it gets low on health so you can play it again with full health later on.
Hippity Hop Gargantuar synergizes well with other certain zombies, such as:
- Unlife of the Party, as he gets boosted from both Mystery Egg and the zombie it transforms into.
- Barrel of Deadbeards or Fireworks Zombie to purposefully activate Hippity Hop Gargantuar's ability, which allows you to have a zombie in the Zombie Tricks phase within the current turn.
- Valkyrie to compensate for any Mystery Eggs destroyed by your opponent.
Use instant-kill tricks or transformation cards to remove this zombie without activating his ability. You can also Bounce him to stall for time, although this will work against you in a pet deck. You can also use Shamrocket to destroy it without having to worry about Mystery Eggs. If you cannot use hard removal to get rid of him, use a plant that has at least 4 strength to take him down in one hit. Then make use of cards that can damage all zombies like Cherry Bomb, Kernel Corn, or Sour Grapes to remove all the Mystery Eggs.
- He is the only Gargantuar in the pet tribe.
- Oddly, he only does his animation for activating his ability from the zombie hero's point of view. This is likely a bug.
- He, Abracadaver and The Chickening are the only pet cards in the Crazy class.