High-Voltage Currant is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1/1. It does not have any traits, and its ability gives it +1 when another berry card including another High-Voltage Currant does damage, and adds a random berry card into the plant hero's hand when it is played.
It is based on a currant, a member of the genus Ribes in the gooseberry family.
Its name is a portmanteau of "high-voltage current", a powerful current of electricity, and "currant", the type of plant it is based on.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: This gets +1 when another Berry does damage. When played: Add a random Berry to your hand.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
These trouble makers are just asking to get grounded.
- Added to the game.
- Description change: Was originally Little balls of energy.
This goes great with any sort of berry deck, as it will not only gain strength when another berry does damage, but it will also give you a random berry card when you play it. Having multiple of these in such decks will make it so you can quickly have lots of high-damage attackers in just a few turns.
Sergeant Strongberry will further enhance its combat prowess, while cards like Sour Grapes and Grapes of Wrath can easily do damage with their abilities, boosting High-Voltage Currant's strength very quickly. Due to it drawing a card, High-Voltage Currant can help boost Bananasaurus Rex. Its ability to gain strength also allows it to boost Potted Powerhouse. However, only Captain Combustible can do these things naturally.
The best way you can use to boost its strength is Sour Grapes, as it can hit up to 5 zombies at the same time with its ability, increasing its strength by 5.
You should destroy this plant quickly because if left alone, it can accumulate a lot of strength very quickly, dealing high damage to a single zombie or even the zombie hero. It does have very low health, however, so virtually any trick or zombie can destroy it, but beware of Berry Blast if you are to use zombies.
- It is similar to Electric Currant, as both are currants, are electrical, and even have similar names and appearances.
- Its old description makes a joke of the double meaning of the word "energy," which can mean both electricity, and being excited and hyper.
- Despite Cherry Bomb hitting 3 zombies at maximum, High-Voltage Currant can sometimes gain 4. This is most likely a glitch.
- High-Voltage Currant has the slowest projectile speed in the game.
- This is most likely a coding error.