|Abilities||This attacks using its instead of its .|
|He always skips leg day.|
Health-Nut is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 3 to play, and has 4. It does not have any traits, and its ability makes the amount of damage it does equal to its health stat.
It was made available in the Weekly Event which ran from April 25, 2017 to May 2, 2017. It will be craftable in a future update.
Its name comes from the phrase "health nut", a person who is obsessed with their health.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Nut Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: This attacks using its instead of its .
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
He always skips leg day.
- Added to the game.
On its own, it is a 4/4 plant, which is above average stats for a 3 card. However, its ability causes it to lose strength whenever it takes damage, so always keep an eye on its health. On the other hand, this also means that the more health Health-Nut has, the more damage output it gives. It is advisable to play cards that boost health such as Smackadamia, Steel Magnolia, and Bubble Up (only available to Wall-Knight and Spudow), which not only increases its health but also its damage output.
If you don't have any of these, you will have to play cards that boost both stats, such as Fertilize, even though the strength boost would be practically meaningless apart from making it immune to Rolling Stone or Weed Spray. If Health-Nut is damaged, play healing cards like 2nd-Best Taco of All Time to restore its health so it can do a more powerful attack. You can also protect it from further damage by shielding it with tricks like Root Wall (only available to Citron and Grass Knuckles), play a Team-Up plant like Wall-Nut in front of it, or move it out of harm's way with Gardening Gloves.
Since this is also a nut, you can play Mirror-Nut to prevent your opponent from hastily hurting it, or Smackadamia for the health-boosting synergy mentioned above.
However, you must be really careful against Hearty heroes, as Health-Nut technically has 0 strength, making it vulnerable to the aforementioned instant-kill tricks.
You must be really careful against this as the more health it has, the more damage output it gives when it attacks. Fortunately, this also means that it is easier to deal with if it is at low health.
As any Hearty hero, you can play Rolling Stone or Weed Spray to destroy Health-Nut instantly, as long as it has 2 or less. If you are playing as a Beastly hero, Squirrel Herder can destroy the Health-Nut instantly since it's a nut plant. In case Squirrel Herder is unavailable, resort to using Locust Swarm instead. If Health-Nut is damaged, you can try a sneaky way by using Evaporate on it, though only Electric Boogaloo and Immorticia can use this. Beastly heroes can also use stat-lowering tricks such as Nibble on Health-Nut to lower its health and make its strength weaker.
As for other heroes, you can aim to damage it as much as possible using damaging tricks such as Bungee Plumber or by having a zombie on the same lane as Health-Nut do a bonus attack, which not only damages it, but also reduces its damage output.
- Its description references Health-Nut's lack of legs. It also alludes to a joke about how many people that work out and are muscular have "weak" legs, and are often mocked for "skipping leg day".
- This is the first time a new icon is introduced in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- This is also the first plant to merge strength and health into one.
- Even though zombies attack first during the combat phase and Health-Nut loses health before it attacks, it still does the same amount of damage as the amount of health it had before it took damage.
- It slightly resembles Tall-nut in shape.
- It was the featured card in the April 11th, 2017 and the April 15th, 2017 Daily Challenges.
- It is also the first card to be the featured card in a Daily Challenge.