Headwear is what some plants and zombies wear on their heads. While some are used to protect the wearer from damage, others are purely decorative. Magnet-shroom can attract metallic headwear such as buckets and football helmets, Shadow-shroom can ignore headwear and damage headwear zombies overtime, and Acid Lemon is able to corrode metal headwear, dealing extra damage to it.
Zombies with protective headwear
"Protective headwear" falls off when the zombie is damaged enough. These are the zombies that wear these items on their head:
Plants with protective headwear
In addition, some plants wear protective headwear too. Although most plants in Plants vs. Zombies 2 wear hats as costumes, as well as a few plants having them as decoration, only a few plants have headwear that assist them in combat.
- Hard-nut (hard hat)
- Tall-nut (with Plant Food)
- Wall-nut (with Plant Food)
- Pea-nut (with Plant Food)
- Endurian (with Plant Food)
- Primal Wall-nut (with Plant Food)
- Even though the Headwears are on the top of the zombies' heads, they still protect them from Spikeweeds and Spikerocks, which attack the zombie's feet.
- The weakest zombie headwear is the Cowboy Zombie's cowboy hat, needing only two hits to destroy.
- There might possibly be a Viking or Prehistoric world in Plants vs. Zombies 2, according to a concept art sketch.
- The prehistoric world may refer to Frostbite Caves, a world set in the Ice Age, 40 thousand years ago.
- It may also be an early version of Jurassic Marsh.
- There's also a prehistoric world called the Prehistoric Ages in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars, which took place back during the Stone Age 12 thousand years ago.
- There's also a Viking World in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- †: Metallic