Gunpowder Devil (火药魔头; pinyin: huǒyào mótóu) is a boss from Kongfu World in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Before the 1.8 update, it was fought in Day 16, but now can only be battled once per day in the Daily Challenge. It summons all Kongfu variant zombies with the exception of the Imp Monk and the Blade-Wielding Hero.
火药魔头 (Gunpowder Devil)
Throws out all kinds of explosives and zombies.Even before he was born, he liked littering, and still hasn't gotten rid of the bad habit to this day.
Gunpowder Devil has four attacks:
- It can summon Kongfu World zombies on the player's lawn, many of them at once. At phase one, it summons Monk Zombies, Conehead Monks, Buckethead Monks, and Gong Zombies. At phase two, It summons Torch Kongfu Zombies, Suicide Bomber Zombies, and Gong Zombies. Finally, at phase three, it summons Torch Kongfu Zombies, Suicide Bomber Zombies, Qigong Zombies, and Drinking Zombies.
- It can throw bombs at the player's plants, killing any of them in a 3x3 area. In phase two, it will throw two bombs at a time. In phase three, it will throw three at a time. To prevent the bombs, use a shovel at the targeted plant.
- It can throw Imp Pirate Zombies onto the player's lawn in bursts of 1-6 per attack.
- When in the second phase or third phase, it can summon Tiger Imps. The only ways to get them off their rockets is to swipe the rockets, similar to Power Toss. Alternatively, the player can use Blovers or Hurrikales.
- Despite showing Imp Monks on its back, it throws Imp Pirate Zombies instead.
- This is most likely because the attack is reused from one of Zombot Plank Walker's attack
- When it is defeated, it does not get beheaded like all other zombies. Instead, it drops all of its bombs and nervously flails its arms as the fuses tick. The remaining explosives then creates a huge blast, obliterating him and raining pieces of its armor from the sky.
- For some reason, after he is defeated, plants still attack at his spot, and the armor still absorbs the attacks.
- Its bomb attack has the same explosion as Potato Mine.
- It, Blade-Wielding Hero, Zombot Aerostatic Gondola and Zombot Multi-stage Masher are the only bosses in the series that are not robots.
- The bombs are comparable to those of Octo Zombie's octopuses, as they can only countered by digging up the plant, but have the properties of a Suicide Bomber Zombie. They are also comparable to Gargantuar Prime's lasers in that they both destroy plants from the other side of the lawn.