|Tribe||Animal Fruit Plant|
When destroyed: Do 4 damage to a Zombie here.
|"Technically I'm a food, not a Plant."|
Guacodile is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian plants. It costs 4 to play, and has 4/3. When it is destroyed and a zombie is on its lane, it will rush and deal an additional 4 damage to the zombie. It has the Amphibious trait.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Animal Fruit Plant
- Trait: Amphibious
- Ability: When destroyed: Do 4 damage to a Zombie here.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Technically I'm a food, not a Plant.
- Set change: Basic - Uncommon → Premium - Uncommon
Not only does Guacodile have solid stats for a 4 sun plant, it is also Amphibious. Additionally, its ability to deal 4 more damage when it is destroyed lets it destroy any zombie with 8 health or less, if able to attack in the attack phase, including threatening zombies like Octo Zombie. For Octo Zombie, however, you will need 2 Guacodiles to destroy it since it has the Afterlife trait. However, be aware since the hero may have Nibble, Acid Rain, or any strength-reducing or instant-kill trick to lower Guacodile's total damage output.
There is no direct counter to Guacodile since it deals at least 4 damage when it engages in combat with your zombie, even when it's frozen or has its strength dropped to 0. However, since Guacodile does not deal the extra damage when there is no zombie fighter in a lane, you could either bounce it or move it to another lane, then destroy it with tricks. Alternatively, if a zombie you want to keep has 5 health or more, you could just destroy it instantly without moving or bouncing it. Another good option is using zombies that can't be hurt such as Trash Can Zombie, however this will only work if the Guacodile is on a ground lane.
- Its description references that it is based on a guacamole rather than avocados, the plant guacamole is made of. So, it is technically a food.
- Its eyes are different from the Guacodile in Plants vs. Zombies 2, being black instead of yellow with pupils.
- However, the concept art of the Guacodile from Plants vs. Zombies 2 shows that it originally had black eyes.