|Abilities||When played: Another Plant gets +2/+2.|
|She's always bringing out the best in others.|
Grow-Shroom is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. She costs 3 to play, and has 2/1. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives another plant +2/+2 when she is played. Her closest zombie counterpart is Loudmouth.
Her name is a combination of "grow," referring to her ability, as gaining stats are the same as 'growing bigger' in this game, and "mushroom," referring to the fact that she is a mushroom plant.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Another Plant gets +2/+2.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
She's always bringing out the best in others.
- Sound change: Now sounds similar to Sun-Shroom from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Sound change: Now uses her original sound effects.
Grow-Shroom herself is pretty mediocre, being a bit expensive for its low stats. However, her ability allows her to make a plant stronger, and act as a shield to protect it if that plant has Team-Up, or at least block some incoming damage. However, since Grow-Shroom cannot boost herself, you need another plant on the field for her to activate her ability, so keep that in mind.
Captain Combustible can also use this in a mushroom deck, to protect her with Punish-Shroom, and to boost her with Buff-Shroom. She will also boost a plant in the process, which can be great for mushroom rushes.
Do not play this card in Total Eclipse, as Total Eclipse's ability will activate before Grow-Shroom's, resulting in Grow-Shroom getting destroyed before she can activate her ability, essentially wasting 3 sun.
This plant has low stats, so she shouldn't be hard to destroy. Also, she cannot boost herself if she is the only plant on the field. Nibble and Bungee Plumber are cheap ways of destroying this. Pied Piper and Conga Zombie can also destroy her when revealed.
However, her ability is the more dangerous side of this plant, as stat boosts for plants are never good for you. Therefore, you should figure out a way to deal with the boosted plant too. Tricks such as Rocket Science or Locust Swarm and Deadly zombies can destroy the boosted plant while Bouncing the boosted plant can reset its stats. Playing Landscaper can also negate the boosted plant's strength.
It is highly recommended to not Bounce this plant, as your opponent can play this again, which can boost another plant.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Grow-Shroom.
- She is the first new mushroom the player obtains in the game.
- She resembles a bigger Sun-shroom with a blue-green cap.
- She is the only mushroom plant in the Mega-Grow class.
- In the Behind The Seeds trailer, her cap is yellow, making her appearance look exactly like Sun-Shroom. This could mean that Grow-Shroom was originally going to be Sun-shroom, but later changed to the current Grow-Shroom.