Graveyard is a galactic uncommon zombie environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 1 to play, and its abilities give any zombie played in it the Gravestone trait, and all zombies that come out of a gravestone in it +1.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Environment
- Ability: Zombies played here are Gravestones. When a Zombie is revealed from a Gravestone here, it gets +1.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
Super Brainz always wanted a house with a nice yard.
- Added to the game.
- ▲ Ability change: Now hides the cost of all zombies played in it.
- Description change: Was originally Where do little Zombies come from?
This environment is really useful as whatever zombie you play will be inside a Gravestone immediately. This is helpful for a zombie to avoid any plant threats until it is revealed during the Zombie Tricks phase, as well as getting +1 when revealed except Line Dancing Zombie and Surprise Gargantuar. In fact, your opponent cannot know what is inside that gravestone without using Spyris.
Even though Grave Buster can destroy that zombie in this environment, your opponent can only carry a limited number of Grave Busters in their deck. Playing useless zombies on a Graveyard can trick them into wasting Grave Busters. This can also be useful if you have multiple Graveyards on the field.
Zombies that benefit greatly from this environment include:
- Zombies with "When Played" abilities that affect plants such as Zombot 1000 or Fireworks Zombie, as they can affect plants played or made in the Plants Play phase this turn.
- Zombies with the Strikethrough, Deadly, or Frenzy trait like Barrel Roller Zombie, Vimpire, Space Cowboy, or Zombot Plank Walker to take some of your opponent's plants by surprise.
- Zombies with high stats in general, such as Valkyrie.
This environment is less useful on zombies that already have the Gravestone trait, as the only benefit that the zombie will get is just +1.
Take note that when you play cards that make zombies on a graveyard lane, zombies made in it will automatically hide in gravestones, so keep that in mind. This also includes tricks and abilities that make zombies such as Beam Me Up, Hail-a-Copter, or Barrel of Deadbeards. In addition, if you play Mixed-Up Gravedigger in Graveyard, he will automatically hide in a gravestone and won't activate his ability even if he is revealed later.
This can also be used just to override powerful plant environments like Pair Pearadise, due to its cheap cost of 1.
This environment is really cheap and allows your opponent to play any zombie in that environment. Not only does it get a small strength boost, but you will not know what zombie is inside the gravestone. In addition, you cannot use damaging tricks or instant kills on the turn that zombie is played.
Against this environment, Spyris is really useful as you can know which zombie is in which gravestone. Using Citron or Beta-Carrotina, you can combine Spyris with Grave Buster and know which gravestone you should destroy, as you can only bring a maximum of four Grave Busters into your deck.
But if you really want to know what zombies are played without Spyris, then aim at overriding this environment with one of yours.
- It is tied for the cheapest environment with Ice Moon, Black Hole, and Teleportation Station, all costing 1 brain.
- Coincidentally, all of them are zombie environments.
- It, In-Crypted, Cursed Gargolith, and Mixed-Up Gravedigger are the only cards that can hide other zombies in gravestones.
- It is also the only environment and the only uncommon card out of the four.
- Its description mentions Super Brainz.