|Abilities||When destroyed: Do 6 damage to the Zombie Hero.|
|"Everyone's always asking, 'Why so angry?' Because ZOMBIES! Sheesh. Obviously."|
Grapes of Wrath is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 7 to play, and has 6/6. It does not have any traits, and its ability does 6 damage to the zombie hero when it is destroyed. Its zombie courterpart is Gas Giant.
Its name is a reference to the book of the same name, The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When destroyed: Do 6 damage to the Zombie Hero.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"Everyone's always asking, 'Why so angry?' Because ZOMBIES! Sheesh. Obviously."
- Design change: Its eyes and mouths have been changed, now looking like human eyes and mouths.
Once the player puts this plant into play, the opposing hero will have to think carefully how to remove it. If left unharmed, it will do 6 damage continuously. If eventually destroyed, it will still do 6 damage as well, but to the zombie hero. Due to this, Grapes of Wrath can get you an easy win in most circumstances. It can also force the opponent to wait before using Zombot 1000 or anything that would instantly destroy it because it would potentially defeat the zombie hero when it is destroyed. Anyway, this plant can be useful if you want to easily destroy a high-health zombie, strong or weak.
Try not to damage the zombie hero while you are having Grapes of Wrath on the lawn, because this plant's damage can be blocked if the zombie hero's Super-Block Meter is almost full. Try to make the zombies destroy this if the zombie hero has more than 3 sections left to block in their Super-Block Meter counter. Boosting Grapes of Wrath with cards such as Berry Angry can apply even more pressure towards the zombie hero. If you are playing as Captain Combustible, you can use Fertilize or Plant Food to boost Grapes of Wrath, but remember that even if you were to boost this plant, it would still only do 6 damage to the zombie hero when destroyed.
Destroying this could possibly make things worse, so the player needs to be really careful when dealing with this plant. Walls such as Trash Can Zombie can stall this plant, and so does Brain Freeze's signature superpower. You can also nearly fill up the Super-Block Meter and then destroy the plant to block the 6 damage, allowing you to use a superpower to do some damage. As a last resort, Bounce this plant, so it will not do any harm for the turn being, though the plant hero may play this later on. Squirrel Herder can destroy Grapes of Wrath because it is in the berry tribe, but be careful, as Grapes of Wrath will do 6 damage to your hero when destroyed. You can play Stupid Cupid to make it unable to attack for one turn. You could also play Planetary Gladiator and then destroy this plant to avoid the 6 damage, at the cost of Planetary Gladiator himself.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Grapes of Wrath.
- Its description may be a reference to a quote made by the Joker. The quote goes: "Why so serious?"
- It and Sergeant Strongberry are the only two berry plants in the game that have a rarity of Premium - Super-Rare.
- Coincidentally, both are in the Kabloom class.
- It, Grapeshot, and Sour Grapes are the only plants based on grapes.
- It is the most expensive berry card in the game.
- The faces of the new design resembles mostly the design of Cherry Bomb in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Even after the update, the faces on the grapes that are part of Cornucopia remain the same as the original ones.