- For other uses, see Coins (disambiguation).
Gold coins are currency items that are worth $50 each ($5 in free version). The gold coin is first seen in Level 2-1 in Plants vs. Zombies, along with silver coins, and possibly diamonds. It is awarded to the player in a money bag, a trophy, or by killing zombies. It is also found in the Zen Garden when the player uses fertilizer, bug spray, or plays music to a plant.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2, it is worth $100. It is no longer found in a money bag or given from lawn mowers and the player gets silver coins instead.
How to get them
- See Money guide for more methods.
Plants vs. Zombies
Plants vs. Zombies 2
The coins given from the money bag
in the Chinese version
Free coins sign (during the 2.7 update only)
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies
- Like many items in Plants vs. Zombies, it resembles the coins from Insaniquarium.
- However, this does not apply to the coins in the iOS versions, due to different stylings.
- The iOS and the Android versions have a sun image in the coin.
- Despite being made out of gold, it is not worth more than $100.
- In Plants vs. Zombies FREE, the value of this coin changed from 50 to 5, like other money values. However, the items in the shop are decreased in price, so this isn't a concern.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Gold coins and silver coins now have Crazy Dave's face on it.
- In Ancient Egypt - Day 3, Penny gives the player 5 gold coins, but they earn a value of $1000 rather than $500, probably just to show how the player can buy Plant Food with coins.
- It will glow brighter, so the player can notice it easier.