The Goalie Star always gives his team a chance to win. Even off the ice, he tends to stand in front of fast moving projectiles.
His Ice Puck Cannon slows, and eventually freezes Plants right in their tracks!
Its primary weapon is the Ice Puck Cannon, which freezes plants after a certain amount of shots. It also fires quicker than the All-Star's Football Cannon, but it deals less damage. It also can fire the longest, being able to fire up to 15 seconds straight (with upgrades), which is a guaranteed kill to almost any plant.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, deals 150 damage.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have only one Future Dummy at a time, however it is stronger than the regular Dummy Shield and it explodes and deals up to 75 damage to nearby Plants when it is destroyed.
A Cooler Cooler
The Cooler Cooler chills every puck before launch thus resulting in an overall heat reduction when firing.
Damage is increased from using harder and icier pucks.
Ice Coated Chassis
The ice coated chassis reduces venting time when weapon does overheat.
This class is good to use if you frequently struggle with weapon overheating. While the Ice Puck Cannon suffers from a slight decrease in damage, its rate of fire is unaffected and it sports an unrivaled overheat time, being the slowest in the game, meaning that you can sustain fire for an incredible amount of time. The Goalie Star excels at laying down oppressive fire at choke-points and hallways as the longer overheat time means less pauses in your firing. Harassing fire is also an option as the sheer amount of pucks you can fire before overheating means you can (with proper aim and some luck) give Cacti some real problems. The Goalie Star's final perk is its freezing ability which allows you to immobilize plants if you hit them enough, allowing you and your allies to finish them off, Peashooters in particular which rely on speed to dodge incoming damage, will be totally helpless if frozen.
- Increased ranged damage
- ▼ Effectiveness of overheat upgrade was decreased.
- This variant is one of two Hockey-themed All-Star variants, with the other being the Hockey Star.
- His weapon has the longest overheat time, being able to fire a total of 107 shots before overheating.
- Before the Legends of the Lawn DLC, his weapon was able to fire for up to 30 seconds straight without overheating due to a programming error, making him very overpowered compared to the other variants. This has now been patched to five seconds without upgrades.
- People may recognize the mask from the movie "Silence of the Lambs."
- It could also resemble the mask Jason Voorhees wears in Friday the 13th.