Gizzard Lizard is a colossal rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 3 to play, and has 3/3. He does not have any traits, and his Zombie Evolution ability does 2 damage to every plant on the field.
His name is a combination of "gizzard," referring to the green liquid, presumably his stomach juices, that he spits out when he activates his ability, and "lizard," the real-life animal he is based on.
His description makes a pun on the word "link" in the term "the missing link," a term used to describe fossils that share common traits with both its ancestral group and descendant group, replacing it with "skink," a type of lizard.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pet Monster Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: Zombie Evolution: Do 2 damage to each Plant.
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Rare
He's the missing skink.
- Added to the game.
Gizzard Lizard can be treated like a package of an average 3-brain zombie with The Chickening if Evolved at the right time. However, unlike The Chickening, your opponent can recover better from Gizzard Lizard's ability due to him only being able to be played before the Plants Play phase, unless he gets teleported in the Zombie Tricks phase. But still, even if his ability goes wrong, you are at least left with a 3/3 zombie on the field.
Each hero can use this zombie effectively:
- Electric Boogaloo has the best usage due to his pet tribe, making him a very great card to have in pet decks, allowing him to activate both Cat Lady and Zookeeper's abilities. He can also Conjure more with Cosmic Yeti if he is lucky.
- Professor Brainstorm can Teleport this zombie to make it a substitute for The Chickening, as well as safely playing a 3/3 zombie.
- Impfinity can combine this with Zombot Sharktronic Sub to wipe the field clean. He can also substitute Zombot Sharktronic Sub if he Evolves him in Laser Base Alpha.
- Z-Mech cannot use this zombie as effectively as other heroes, but he can still use this to clear a field of weak plants before they get boosted in the Plants Play phase, as it can be tough for Z-Mech to deal with bigger plants.
Stat-wise, Gizzard Lizard is average for his cost. If played by himself, he will not be as threatening. The trouble arises when he activates his ability, allowing your opponent to damage and possibly destroy your plants before you can boost them. There are a few ways around this, though. You can have many nut plants and then play Mirror-Nut to make your opponent think twice before activating his Evolution ability, or have Hibernating Beary and Pear Cub, as they will activate their abilities when damaged and destroyed respectively.
- He is currently the only zombie based on a lizard.
- During development, he was originally named "Lizard Zombie" and had 3/2 instead.