- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, see Giga Gargantuar.
- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
Giga-gargantuar is the second strongest zombie in Plants vs. Zombies (only Dr. Zomboss is stronger). It is a Gargantuar with red eyes that is only seen in Survival: Endless, Survival: Day (Endless), Survival: Night (Endless), Survival: Fog (Endless), Survival: Roof (Endless), Co-op Endless, and Last Stand Endless (iPad only).
The Giga-gargantuar absorbs 6000 damage per shot and its appearance changes upon absorbing 2000 and 4000 damage per shot before dying at 6000 damage per shot or four instant kills. The Giga-gargantuar throws its Imp after 3000 damage per shot or two instant kills.
It has double health of a regular Gargantuar, allowing it to absorb 6000 damage per shot or four instant kills. You should try to select as many instant kills, such as the Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, Cob Cannon, Squash, and Doom-shroom with a Coffee Bean, as you can. The Cob Cannon is also a good plant to have in the your arsenal.
After two instant kills or 3000 damage per shot, it will hurl an Imp into your defenses, unless it is already halfway into your lawn. Sometimes, a Giga-gargantuar will appear before a normal Gargantuar appears. This Imp, however, can be very destructive if you control Cob Cannons, as they cannot be protected by Pumpkin.
Another useful strategy, although unconventional, is to use Puff-shroom, Imitater Puff-shroom and Winter Melons. By placing a Puff-shroom in front of a slowed Giga-gargantuar, and immediately placing an Imitater Puff-shroom once the previous one is destroyed, the Giga-gargantuar will be unable to move at all - or at least move incredibly slowly. This strategy is great because although it does no damage to the Giga-gargantuar by itself, it leaves plenty of time for your other plants to take it down, for zero cost. Thus it is best employed when you have achieved an optimal/self-sustaining team layout where you no longer need to add anything to your team. This also works against regular Gargantuar, though it is not as dangerous as this zombie.
- If it is killed by an explosive plant, its charred body's eyes will become white instead of red.
- It, Gargantuar, Giga-Football Zombie, Tall-nut Zombie, and Dr. Zomboss are the only zombies that can survive an instant kill; but a full health Tall-nut Zombie couldn't survive the Tangle Kelp (technically an instant kill).
- It, Gargantuar, Bungee Zombie, Balloon Zombie above the pool, Zomboni, Catapult Zombie, Catapult Baseball Zombie, Dr. Zomboss, and ZomBotany zombies are the only zombies whose heads do not fall off when killed or defeated.
- It, Zomboni, Dr. Zomboss, Gargantuar, Catapult Zombie and Squash Zombie are the only zombies that can crush plants.
- It, Gargantuar, Zomboni, Backup Dancer, Imp, and Dr. Zomboss are the only Plants vs. Zombies zombies that do not have the word "zombie" in their names.
- It is unknown why there are Giga-gargantuars, but the Imps which are thrown by them are not a "giga" variant.
- It, and Giga-Football Zombie are the only "Giga" zombies in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Additionally, both of them do not have Almanac entries.
- It is the only zombie which is exclusive to the endless modes, excluding Vasebreaker Endless and I, Zombie Endless.
- It appears in all versions of Last Stand: Endless in Plants vs. Zombies FREE
- If the player manages to hack the game to show its Almanac entry, there will be no description of it, since the description does not exist in LawnStrings.txt and the player wasn't supposed to be able to see it in the Almanac.
- It can be noted that the Giga-Gargantuar's head is bigger than a normal Gargantuar's.
- They begin to appear after 21 flags in Survival:Endless (PC version).
- After the paid versions of Plants vs. Zombies have been removed, Giga-Gargantuars now have their normal health in Plants vs. Zombies FREE.