The General Supremo was promoted to lead the charge against the Plants. Although, he forgot the detailed battle plans at the office so he's using a more agile process to fight the Plants instead - i.e. making it all up.
General Supremo can fire without reloading! However, he does have a tendency to overheat...
The primary weapon of the General Supremo is the Golden Gatling. The facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 6 and the critical is 7.
- The max DPS at close range is 77.8.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 5 and the critical is 6.
- The max DPS at middle range is 66.7.
- The base long range damage per hit is 4 and the critical is 5.
- The max DPS at long range is 55.6.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon has unlimited ammo. However, if 60 shots are fired without stopping, it will overheat, requiring a cooldown before being usable again.
- The subsequent cooldown takes 4 seconds.
- The projectile speed is medium.
- The weapon is full auto.
- The bloom is high.
ZPG fires an extremely powerful projectile that explodes on impact. It requires a 25-second recharge after use.
Rocket Jump will launch the zombie high into the air. It is very useful for gaining an elevated advantage. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
Zombie Stink Cloud
Zombie Stink Cloud arcs a gas grenade in front of the zombie; any plants inside the gas suffer damage. The gas is also extremely helpful for cover. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
An alternate ability of ZPG, the Foot Soldier will launch four rockets to attack plants upon using the Multi-Rocket.
An alternate ability of Rocket Jump, the Foot Soldier will go a further distance, but will not jump as high. Rocket Leap also has two uses.
Super Stink Cloud
An alternate ability of Zombie Stink Cloud, Super Stink Cloud lasts shorter but does more damage than the Zombie Stink Cloud.
Cooler Ammo Coolant
Reduce overheating by installing the Cooler Ammo Coolant mod.
Heat Resistant Coating
Weapon coated in a heat resistant coating, offering a reduction to overheat downtime.
Zomboss Special Gold Ammo
Zomboss Special Gold Ammo was a gift from Zomboss himself after winning the Battle of What-Not.
The Golden Gatling is effective at close range so this encourages the player to attack plants head-on instead of attacking them from vantage points or from behind cover. When firing the Golden Gatling, spray and pray at close range while aiming at your target, yet try not to fire for longer than four to five seconds to avoid overheating as overheating the weapon will result in a four-second cooldown, which is longer than any reload and can easily become your doom in heated firefight. Instead, try to take short pauses between each burst, yet, if an enemy needs to vanquished urgently, just fire freely. General Supremo is notably an ideal character for assaulting and capturing gardens in Gardens & Graveyards as its large clip size allows it to hold of plants for longer, its overheat mechanism means that if players take short pauses between each burst, they can maintain a steady stream of pellets at their enemies.
The default Z-1 Assault Blaster is essentially an Assault Rifle while the Golden Gatling is essentially a Light Machine Gun, this can be explained as such;
The Z-1 Assault blaster has a moderately-sized clip, a mediocre rate of fire and is moderately effective at any range, yet excels at mid range while the Golden Gatling has a large-sized clip, a high rate of fire, yet is only effective at mid and close range. This means the players using General Supremo should try to avoid long-range combat since the Golden Gatling's immense bullet spread means that such engagements rarely end in your favor. It is worth noting that the bullet spread's effect is gradual, meaning if you are attacked by a drone, the Golden Gatling, with controlled trigger pulls, should have enough accuracy to get the job done.
- As mentioned above, while the default Z-1 Assault Blaster is likely based of an Assault Rifle, the Golden Gatling is likely based of a Light Machine Gun.
- It is currently the only variant of the Foot Soldier that has unlimited ammo.
- Therefore, it is the only Foot Soldier that has neither reload bonuses nor increased ammo bonuses.
- It is the only zombie whose scope can be made very large and is the only Foot Soldier that has two overheat reduction bonuses along with being the only one with an overheat altogether.
- It uses a cannon to shoot his ZPGs instead of a rocket launcher.
- When used, the Cannon will flip upward the moment it fires the ZPG, before flipping back down.
- Chieftain is a customized General Supremo.
- General Supremo's Golden Gatling looks different than all of his other weapon skins. This is also true for Paleontologist.
- Its damage output was increased in the Legends of the Lawn DLC.
- General Supremo does have a reload animation, although it can only be seen due to a glitch when using the Rocket Jump ability.
- Its helmet has 5 stars on it, implying that the General is a Five-Star General.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part Two DLC General Supremo was given more accuracy, but its overheat upgrade is now less useful.
- The General Supremo cannot jump when firing his primary weapon meaning it is harder to avoid enemy attacks while shooting. So, it is better to attack your enemies from a distance.