- For other uses, see Diamond (disambiguation).
Gems are currency found in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the primary currency of this game, used to buy most of the packs at the store.
How to earn gems
There are four ways to earn gems:
- The first one is by spending real money. There are various gem packs each offering a different gem value. The more money a pack costs, the better gem per money spent ratio. To see the gem packs available to buy see the store page.
- The second one is via the Quests system. Every three hours, a new quest appears with values from 10 to 100. Once the quest is completed the player is rewarded with those gems. However, be sure that you have internet connection in order to get new quests.
- The third one is via leveling up in the Ranked Matches. The higher the league, the higher the gems that the player receive. On the lowest league, 20 are rewarded. Also, when the player changes leagues, an extraordinary amount of gems is awarded, ten times bigger than the reward for leveling up. For example, when the player passes from the Wooden League to the Bronze League, 200 are rewarded. Like the quest system, you need internet connection to play ranked matches.
- The fourth way is to watch advertisements which will reward 5 for each advertisement watched. The player can watch up to 20 advertisements per day, resulting in up to 100 daily.
How to spend gems
Gems are normally used at the store to buy packs. There are various offers in which the player can spend his/her gems on.
The Premium Packs that do not reward with specific, but 6 random cards, costing around 100 per pack. Normally, in these cases, there is also a Multi-Pack option for 1000 that includes a free additional pack and a guaranteed super-rare. There are also more multipacks that could previously be purchased with gem as well, like 23 bonus packs with one guaranteed legendary card costing 2000, and 60 bonus packs with three guaranteed legendary cards costing 5000. These multipack options are currently only purchasable via microtransaction.
There were also the packs that offered specific cards, which cost around 300 each. With the release of Hero Quests, these packs are replaced by Plant Premium Pack and Zombie Premium Pack, both of which are like Premium Packs but represent one side, costing 150 each. Additionally, there are Hero Packs that only offer cards that a specific hero would use (limited to the heroes the player owns), costing 200 each. And finally, the most expensive are the weekly packs that offers a specific hero (usually the 10x hero), costing 750 each.
Gems are also used for event cards. As the player needs a specified number of tickets to get an event card, they can use 500 to get them instantly instead, or they can keep grinding on the tickets to get it for a lower price. The card price will go lower by 50 for each tenth of the tickets the player acquires (rounded down). 20 can also be used to instantly skip four hours of waiting time if they want to fight using the correct heroes to get more tickets.