- For other uses, see Diamond (disambiguation).
Gems are currency found in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the primary currency of this game, used to buy most of the packs at the store.
How to earn gems
There are four ways to earn gems:
- The first one is by spending real money. There are various gem packs each offering a different gem value. The more money a pack costs, the better gem per money spent ratio. To see the gem packs available to buy see the store page.
- The second one is via the Quests system. Every three hours, a new quest appears with values from 10 to 100. Once the quest is completed the player is rewarded with those gems. However, be sure that you have internet connection in order to get new quests.
- The third one is via leveling up in the Ranked Matches. The higher the league, the higher the gems that the player receive. On the lowest league, 20 are rewarded. Also, when the player changes leagues, an extraordinary amount of gems is awarded, ten times bigger than the reward for leveling up. For example, when the player passes from the Wooden League to the Bronze League, 200 are rewarded. Like the quest system, you need internet connection to play ranked matches.
- The fourth way is to watch advertisements which will reward 10 for each advertisement watched. The player can watch up to 3 advertisements, resulting in up to 30 daily.
How to spend gems
Gems are normally used at the store to buy packs. There are various offers in which the player can spend his gems on. The packs that does not reward with specific, but 6 random cards, costing around 100 per pack. Normally in these cases there is also a Multi-Pack option for 1000 that offers a free pack and a guaranteed super-rare. There are even more multipacks like 2000 for 3 bonus packs and 5000 for 10 bonus packs, with a guaranteed legendary. Then there is the packs that offers specific cards, which cost around 300 each. As of Hero Quests was released, there are now Fertilizer and Brainz Packs that are like Premium Packs but focuses on one side, but it cost 150 each. Additionally, there are Hero Packs that only offer cards that a specific hero would use, which it cost 200. And finally the most expensive are the packs that offers an specific hero, costing around 750 each. The player can also buy Basic Packs for 50. However, Basic Packs can also be purchased with as coins are only used to buy Basic Packs.
Gems are also used for event cards. As players need 2000 tickets to get an event card, they can use 500 to get them instantly instead, and the price will go lower by 50 for each 200 tickets they gain. 20 can also be used to instantly skip 4 hours of waiting time if they want to fight using the correct heroes to get more tickets.