- Not to be confused with Garlic.
Garlic Drone is an ability for the Cactus in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Its primary attack is Needle Shot, which deals 7 to 10 for impact damage, while dealing 8 to 12 for critical damage based on distance. It can also call in a Corn Strike in which each corn can deal up to 70 damage. The Corn Strike attack takes ten seconds to recharge. Although it is very strong and fast, it has a weakness of fragility, with having only five health. It can also fly for a limited amount of distance, shown by a Flight Power bar at the bottom. It takes 60 seconds to recharge. Its zombie counterpart is the Zombot Drone (Garden Warfare only) and Parrot Pal (Garden Warfare 2 only). The alternate ability of this ability is the Artichoke Drone.
By launching her Garlic Drone companion, she can monitor Zombies from the skies, attack them from the air, and call in devastating Corn Strikes.
- It bears a great resemblance to the Garlic in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Ascending or descending while controlling it will deplete its flight time marginally faster.
- As with some other features being closely related to Battlefield, it was mentioned in a commentary that Cactus is a reconnaissance/sniper, and the Garlic Drone is its MAV.
- It is possible to fly with it. Simply put, any player must stand on top on it and it must be moved by the Cactus. It is possible for the Cactus to ride it too, although it requires being on the near edge of an object.
- This is not a glitch. It is a solid object which cannot be passed through. Due to this, it can be ridden on, and since it can move, it can also move anything standing on top of it.
- It can be destroyed if it touches the water. This applies to all drones.
- It can be destroyed by its own corn strike if it flies too near to it. This happens to all drones.
- In very early footage of the game, there used to be a caption on the screen right when deploying it, saying: "Garlic Drone Ready!". It also says the Corn Strike is ready when throwing down corn strikes. The text was most likely scrapped due to it probably being unneeded for the game.
- However, this effect does happen for the Z-Mech in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- It, Fire Chomper, and Fire Pea are the only plants mentioned in another plant's Stickerbook entry. For this plant, it is mentioned in Cactus' entry.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, it has a noticeably slower fire rate.
- In Garden Warfare 2, if a Petrified Cactus uses it, it uses Petrified Cactus' crosshair instead of its normal crosshair. This is probably a glitch.
- If the player vanquishes 10 players with the its Corn Strike, they will earn the Making Popcorn achievement.