Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is an event zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 1/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability makes a Smashing Gargantuar on a random lane every time he takes damage.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Imp Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When hurt: Make a Smashing Gargantuar in a random lane.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
When lifting a Gargantuar, always bend at the knees. He learned this the hard way.
- Added to the game.
- Name change: Gargantuar Throwing Imp → Gargantuar-Throwing Imp
- Became craftable.
This zombie has very poor stats for his cost. However, his ability to make a Smashing Gargantuar can make your opponent think twice before using cards that do damage over multiple lanes. Hence, this will deter opponents from just recklessly using Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb, Berry Blast and Lightning Reed.
Electric Boogaloo can use Gargantuar-Throwing Imp effectively since he has access to the most Gargantuars out of all Crazy heroes. He can also use Maniacal Laugh and Vitamin Z to boost the health of Gargantuar-Throwing Imp, producing more Smashing Gargantuars and allowing him to inflict more damage.
Professor Brainstorm can use him with Teleport to put him in a lane filled with low-strength plants to purposefully activate his ability, which is useful if he has Imp-Throwing Gargantuar and Wizard Gargantuar on the field.
Z-Mech can also use health-boosting tricks like Rock Wall and Camel Crossing on Gargantuar-Throwing Imp to improve his overall survivability. But you must note that even though this zombie depicts a Gargantuar being carried by an Imp, it is not part of the Gargantuar tribe, meaning that Gargologist does not lower its brain cost. If you still need to lower its brain cost, resort to using Flag Zombie.
If increasing his health is not an option, there are means of forcing him to throw multiple Smashing Gargantuars with his 2. If there is a lane with two attacking plants, both plants will trigger his ability.
Boosting the strength of this zombie can result in placing your opponent into dilemma - if they ignore him, he will continue to do damage. If they damage him, then Smashing Gargantuars will be made. However, do not boost him too much or your opponent will not hesitate to destroy him.
Since Gargantuar-Throwing Imp only has 1, you may consider boosting its strength to force your opponent to hurt it in order to activate its ability.
Try to destroy him in one attack, as the more attacks he takes, the more Smashing Gargantuars you must deal with. Tricks that destroy zombies, like Weed Whack, Squash, Lawnmower or Whack-a-Zombie, work best, as they do not damage the zombie. This prevents him from creating any Smashing Gargantuars. If you must destroy him by other means, make sure you have a way to destroy any Smashing Gargantuars he creates. Shamrocket and other such tricks work well to destroy the Smashing Gargantuars made. Do not use Shroom for Two or Pair of Pears against this zombie, as he can easily make two Smashing Gargantuars because he will take damage twice. If you made 6 that turn, Water Balloons will be effective, but if not, just ignore him until you have enough sun. If there are several Smashing Gargantuars, Doom-Shroom is a good choice to wipe out all of them.
Sometimes, you may also leave Gargantuar-Throwing Imp alone, as it only does 1 damage per attack if unboosted, so that you can focus on other areas in the game.
- If the player looks closely at the Smashing Gargantuar's pants, they are black in color. However, Smashing Gargantuar has blue-colored pants.
- There was a glitch where if he got hurt by a zombie's ability, he did not make a Smashing Gargantuar. This was patched.
- He was foreshadowed in Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's description, which states that it is "More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp."
- He is one of the five Imps in the Crazy class, the others being Cakesplosion, Stupid Cupid, Loose Cannon and Exploding Imp.
- Although this card includes Gargantuars, the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp does not have the Gargantuar tribe.
- This is vice-versa for the Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, which does not have the Imp tribe.
- Unlike Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, Gargantuar-Throwing Imp does not have the pirate tribe.
- In the Russian version of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, this card has a mistake in the statistics, stating that Gargantuar-Throwing Imp spawns Smashing Gargantuar after dealing damage.