Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is an event zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 5 to play, and has 1/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability makes a random Gargantuar that costs 5 in a random lane every time he takes damage, unless all other non-aquatic lanes are occupied.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Imp Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When hurt: Make a random Gargantuar that costs 5 in a random lane.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
When lifting a Gargantuar, always bend at the knees. He learned this the hard way.
- Added to the game.
- Name change: Gargantuar Throwing Imp → Gargantuar-Throwing Imp
- Became craftable.
- Ability change: When hurt: Make a Smashing Gargantuar in a random lane → When hurt: Make a random Gargantuar that costs 5 in a random lane.
This zombie has very poor stats for his cost. However, his ability to make a random 5-cost Gargantuar can make your opponent think twice before using cards that do damage over multiple lanes. Hence, this will deter opponents from just recklessly using Sour Grapes, Cherry Bomb, Berry Blast and Lightning Reed.
Electric Boogaloo can use Gargantuar-Throwing Imp effectively since the Beastly class has the most Gargantuar zombies out of all the zombie classes, as well as zombie-boosting and plant stat-reduction cards. He can also use Maniacal Laugh and Vitamin Z to boost the health of Gargantuar-Throwing Imp, allowing him to make more Gargantuars and inflict more damage. He can also use Biodome Botanist to make a 1/1 plant on Gargantuar-Throwing Imp's lane, allowing him to activate his ability and survive with 1 health left.
Z-Mech can also use health-boosting tricks like Rock Wall and Camel Crossing on Gargantuar-Throwing Imp to improve his overall survivability. But you must note that even though this zombie depicts a Gargantuar being carried by an Imp, it is not part of the Gargantuar tribe, meaning that Gargologist does not lower its brain cost. If you still need to lower its brain cost, resort to using Flag Zombie.
If increasing his health is not an option, there are means of forcing him to throw multiple Gargantuars with his 2. If there is a lane with two attacking plants, both plants will trigger his ability. Using Fireworks Zombie and Barrel of Deadbeards are also other ways to activate his ability. You can also play this in Spikeweed Sector or Hot Lava to make more Gargantuars.
Boosting the strength of this zombie can result in placing your opponent into dilemma - if they ignore him, he will continue to do damage. If they damage him, then Gargantuars will be made. An easy way to create this progress is using Meteor Z or Moon Base Z. However, do not boost him too much or your opponent will not hesitate to destroy him.
Be careful against Smarty and Solar heroes, especially Rose, as the Smarty class has access to Bouncing and transformation cards to ignore his ability, while the Solar class has access to stat-reducing and instant-kill cards to destroy Gargantuar-Throwing Imp.
Here is a list of the possible Gargantuars that can be created when Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is damaged:
- Gargantuar Mime
- Smashing Gargantuar
- Supernova Gargantuar
- Imp-Throwing Gargantuar
- Hippity Hop Gargantuar
- Surprise Gargantuar
Try to destroy him in one attack, as the more attacks he takes, the more Gargantuars you must deal with. Tricks that destroy zombies, like Weed Whack, Squash, Lawnmower or Whack-a-Zombie, work best, as they do not damage the zombie. This prevents him from creating any Gargantuars. If you must destroy him by other means, make sure you have a way to destroy any Gargantuars he creates. Shamrocket and other such tricks work well to destroy the Smashing Gargantuars made.
Do not use Shroom for Two or Pair of Pears against this zombie, as he can easily make two Gargantuars because he will take damage twice. If you made 6 that turn, Water Balloons will be effective, but if not, just ignore him until you have enough sun. If there are several Gargantuars, Doom-Shroom is a good choice to wipe out all of them.
Sometimes, you may also leave Gargantuar-Throwing Imp alone, as it only does 1 damage per attack if unboosted, so that you can focus on other areas in the game.
- If the player looks closely at the Smashing Gargantuar's pants, they are black in color. However, Smashing Gargantuar has blue-colored pants.
- There was a glitch where if he got hurt by a zombie's ability, he did not make a Smashing Gargantuar. This was patched.
- He was foreshadowed in Imp-Throwing Gargantuar's description, which states that it is "More successful than the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp."
- Although this card includes Gargantuars, Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is not in the Gargantuar tribe.
- This is vice-versa for Imp-Throwing Gargantuar, which is not in the Imp tribe.
- In the Russian version of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, this card has a mistake in its statistics, stating that Gargantuar-Throwing Imp makes a random Gargantuar after doing damage.
- Oddly, he has slightly less health than Imp-Throwing Imp.
- Unlike cards like Summoning, his statistics don't have a brain symbol when specifying the cost of the Gargantuars he makes.