- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 5 (Chinese version).
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 5 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 5 is the fifth level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level. This level introduces Pepper-pult. There are eight frozen plants on the lawn, five Cabbage-pults and three Bonk Choys. The Snowstorm ambush makes its first appearance here. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Crazy Dave: I'm starting to get cold feet about this place.
Crazy Dave: Also, my feet are getting very cold.
Penny: Time to turn up the heat. I recommend Pepper-pult for the job.
Penny: He lobs hot peppers at zombies and also keeps nearby plants warm.
Crazy Dave: Let's pick a peck of Pepper-pults! It is the perfect plant for out predicament!
Penny: Must you rhyme, User Dave? Must you?
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||2 4||None||are available|
|2||1 5 3||None|
|3||4 5 2||None||Freezing winds occur on lanes 3, 4, and 5; 100% Plant Food|
|4||1 4 5 3||None||are available|
|5||3 5 1 4||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|6||2 4 4||Snowstorm!|
|7||1 1 1 3 5 3 5||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; 500%/7 Plant Food; first flag|
|8||2 2 3 5 2 4||None|
|9||3 4 5 3 5 4||None|
|10||1 2 3 3 5 5 1 2||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; 100% Plant Food|
|11||4 1 5||Snowstorm!|
|12||2 2 3 4 5 2 2||None||Freezing winds occur on lanes 3, 4, and 5; 600%/7 Plant Food|
|13||3 4 5 3 4 5||None|
|14||1 1 3 4 5 1 3 4 5 3 4 5||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; final flag|
- The first priority is to unfreeze the Cabbage-pults by planting Pepper-pults next to them. Surprisingly, unfreezing the Bonk Choys is not vital to completing this level.
- It is important to secure the second lane. A Bonk Choy is excellent, while another one in the space between the two slider tiles is even better.
- Cave Conehead Zombies and Cave Buckethead Zombies usually make it past the topmost slider tile and the deep in the fourth row, respectively. For Coneheads, a Bonk Choy behind the first slider tile is essential. For the Buckethead, stalling it as much as possible is probably the best option. A Bonk Choy is also very useful here.
- Plant Food is scarce and should be best used on Bonk Choys when large amounts of zombies overwhelm the second row.