- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 23 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 23 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 23 is the twenty-third level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Save Our Seeds level. To complete this level, the player must protect five Chard Guards in the second column. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
The coordinated Snowstorm attacks will not threaten the Chard Guards, but they will make them lose their leaves throughout the level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||5||400%/7 Plant Food; Snowstorm!|
|4||4 5 1||None||First flag|
|5||1 5 4 2||None||100% Plant Food|
|6||4 5 2||None|
|7||2 3 1 5||None|
|8||4 4 5 1 2||None||Second flag; 500%/7 Plant Food|
|9||1 4 2 3||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||2 1 4||Snowstorm!|
|11||5 4 2||None|
|12||4 5 1 2 3||Final flag; Snowstorm!|
- Required plants:
- In this strategy the Wall-nuts and Chard Guards will be your main lines of defense. The Pepper-pults and Snapdragons will be the offensive plants. When the game first starts, plant a column of Sunflowers behind the Chard Guards. Use the Hot Potato to melt the Twin Sunflowers, and sell them. When the first zombie comes, plant a Pepper-pult in front of the Chard Guard in whichever lane the zombie comes from. You will now be adding Pepper-pults directly in front of the Chard Guards for one column. Next, place your Snapdragons in front of the Pepper-pults for a second column. In the first row you can choose to plant all offensive plants or have one Wall-nut right before the ice floes should anything cross. When you have enough sun dig up your Sunflowers and replace them with Twin Sunflowers. Soon a column of Sunflowers should be replaced by Twin Sunflowers. You can now keep adding Pepper-pults and Snapdragons until there are about four offensive plants in each row. Afterwards, place your Chard Guards or Wall-nuts in front of every row. Try to alternate between Snapdragons and Pepper-pults, at least so that the Snapdragons will not be frozen. It is best to plant Snapdragons directly behind defensive plants as they can melt any ice on the plants.
- Besides Piñata Parties, this is so far the only Save Our Seeds level which has three flags after the 1.7 update.
- *: Removed