- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 2 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 2 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 2 is the second level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It has three frozen Repeaters and three frozen Wall-nuts at the start of the level. There are also two ice floes on the seventh column, with one pointing up on the second lane and one pointing down on the fourth lane. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
This level introduces another gimmick of Frostbite Caves. Specifically, the freezing winds. These can hit plants and can potentially freeze them. To combat this, the player is given Hot Potato, which can immediately thaw out a plant. The level layout also leads to some interesting strategies. Sun producers should optimally be used on the 2nd and 4th rows, as no zombie can get past the Slider Tiles. In addition, it's advised to thaw out the Repeaters to deal with the first few zombies. After that, the level should be pretty simple and easy to complete.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|4||2 5||None||400%/7 Plant Food; freezing winds affect rows 1 and 5|
|6||1 2 3 2||None||100% Plant Food; freezing winds affect rows 3, 4, and 5|
|7||1 5 3 5||None|
|9||2 3 2||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|10||2 3 4 3||None||Freezing winds affect rows 1 and 2|
|11||1 3 5 2 4 1 5||None||Final flag|
- Created by Pinkgirl234
- Start off by planting Sunflowers on the vacant tiles in the first and second column of the lawn.
- Once Hot Potato is fully charged, plant it on a frozen Sunflower or a frozen Repeater. Keep using Hot Potato from time to time for every frozen plant.
- From the third column, plant either Peashooters or Fire Peashooters. If you have enough sun, you can replace the former with the latter.
- Plant Endurians in the fifth column. They are important as they both serve as offensive and defensive plants especially when the zombies in each lane of the lawn start to increase in number.
- Use Stallias and Cherry Bombs at the right time, most likely against big groups of zombies.
- Lastly, spent Plant Food wisely. It is best to feed them to the Peashooters as they burn zombies in a single lane when boosted with Plant Food.