Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 12 (Chinese version).
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 12 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 12 is the twelfth level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player is given 1,900 sun and one Plant Food. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
- Ranging from medium to hard, there are no snowstorms in this level. However, the winds, Cave Buckethead Zombies, and Hunter Zombies are troublesome in this level as they can leave the player vulnerable to their tandems. The Hunter Zombie and icy winds can freeze plants, allowing Cave Buckethead Zombies to pass through with ease.
- The zombies and the gusts from icy winds in this level appear in a fixed pattern, so it is up to the player to provide a better countermeasure.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||2 4||None||Freezing winds affect rows 2 and 4|
|4||4 1 2 3 5||None||Freezing winds affect rows 2, 3, and 4; 500%/7 Plant Food|
|5||None||Freezing winds affect rows 1 and 5|
|6||1 3 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||1 5 2 4||None||Freezing winds affect rows 1, 3, and 5|
|8||1 5||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|9||1 2 4 1 2 3 4 5||None||Freezing winds affect all rows|
|10||2 1 1 3 4 5 5 3 4||None||Final flag|
- Recommended plants:
- Plant five Pepper-pults on the second column.
- Then plant two Magnet-shrooms highest and lowest spaces of third column. Fill up the other spaces three Snapdragons.
- Plant two Infi-nuts front of Magnet-shrooms.
- Plant a Spring Bean on the rightmost column.
- You will get one Plant Food from zombies. Stock it up.
- Use a plant food on one Infi-nut.
- Since Pepper-pults will protect your plants except your Infi-nuts from being frozen so use Hot Potato on Infi-nuts only. If you do not do so you may lose.
- During final wave wait for all zombies to enter the lawn. Then you may use plant food Spring Bean+ Blover combo to finish the level quickly.
- Strategy by 951753xx
- Required plants:
- Suggested plants:
- The level is a Last Stand, so do not worry about speed.
- Begin the level by planting a Bowling Bulb in the following spaces:
- First column, first row
- First column, third row
- First column, fifth row
- Next, fill in the remaining spaces in the first column with Pepper-pults. Plant Wall-nuts to fill the second column. Take note that the Pepper-pults are now keeping both the Bowling Bulb] and the Wall-nuts warm.
- The positioning of the Bonk Choys and Split Peas is crucial to this setup. Place a Bonk Choy in the seventh column, second row. Place a second one in the seventh column, fourth row (right behind the two frontmost sliders). If you notice, when the zombies come, they will slide right around the Bonk Choy, allowing it to attack them without harm. The same concept applies with the Split Peas. Place them in the fifth column, first row, and fifth column, fifth row.
- You are now ready to start the attack. Take note that you are only given one Plant Food, but a Dodo Rider Zombie will supply you with another later in the level. If the winds or Hunter Zombies freeze your Bonk Choys and Split Peas, use a Hot Potato to thaw them out. Use a Plant Food only when you actually need it.
- If you planted everything exactly, then you should have no problem winning the level. Congratulations, you win! Prepare for more icy troubles ahead.
- Take the following plants:
- Fill the first column with Laser Beans.
- In the second column, put Pepper-pults in the second row, the third row and the fourth row. In the first and fifth rows, put Chard Guards.
- In the third column, put Infi-nuts in the first row and the fifth row.
- Use your Plant Food on your Infi-nuts if they are close to get eaten or to freeze.
- If one of your plants freezes, use a Hot Potato on it immediately.
- If the things get really bad, use a Plant Food on one of your Laser Beans.
EDIT by Mathdude314: Here is the setup in picture form:
- Strategy by Mathdude314
Place plants like this:
If you chose Kernel-pult or Cabbage-pult, place it instead of the Peashooters.
If things get rough, use Plant Food on a Pepper-pult (for damage) or on an Infi-nut (for defense). If the zombies start breaking through in the final wave, shovel plants in rows that have no zombies.
- Strategy by RaidingParty
This strategy can complete the level without Plant Food, paid content, premium plants, or losing lawn mowers.
In the first column, plant three Laser Beans in the top, bottom, and center lanes. In the second column, plant two Pepper-pults in the second and fourth lanes, and one Magnet-shroom between them. Put three Snapdragons in the third column in the tiles ahead of the Pepper-pults/Magnet-shroom, Finally, put a Magnet-shroom directly behind the ice floes in the top and bottom lanes. This will leave 150 sun remaining.
This group will kill all the enemies easily by themselves, without need for Plant Food. The only threats are the Dodo Riders coming in on the top and bottom lanes as they can threaten the Magnet-shrooms there, so use Blover when they hop upward to kill them off. There will be enough leftover sun to blow away all Dodo Riders coming in those lanes, save for maybe an extra one on the final wave in higher Dynamic Difficulties. The Hunter Zombies actually help a great deal by constantly freezing those Magnet-shrooms, which not only shields them from Dodos (making Blover almost not needed), but also resets their cooldowns once they are thawed, allowing them to steal buckets much faster than usual. Hot Potatoes and the nearby Laser Beans/Snapdragons makes thawing them easy.
Cherry Bombs and Wall-nuts are available in case of an emergency, such as an extremely lucky Buckethead getting through the gantlet during the Final Wave's cold snap/Hunter freezing spam.
- Strategy by Sinanco
- Strategy by ZOMGDestroyer
Place the plants in this order:
P S M
P S M
P S M
P = Pepper-pult I = Infi-nut S = Snapdragon M = Magnet-shroom
You will not need Plant Food and Hot Potato. Sometimes a Dodo Rider Zombie or a zombie may damage an Infi-nut and or a Magnet-shroom, but these plants should not die. If you have Fire Peashooter, you may replace the Pepper-pults with Fire Peashooters.
- By CitronBomb
P PP N
PP SD N
P PP N
PP SD N
P PP N
- P - Cabbage/Kernel-pult
- PP - Pepper-pult
- SD - Snapdragon
- N - Wall-nut
When using this setup, a Buckethead may eat up a whole lane (when tested, this happened on the first lane). When this happens, immediately trigger the lawn mower, if you have Mower Launch. Let it walk if you do not Mower Launch. Save Plant Food for last wave or ninth wave.
Strategy 9Plants used:
This strategy will use your entire sun reserves, and only uses the two leftmost columns. In the first column, completely fill it with Pepper-pults. In the second column, put Infi-nuts on the top and bottom tiles, and put Homing Thistles on the remaining three tiles.
Your Pepper-pults should protect your plants from the winds, and if you use Plant Food on an Infi-nut, the Hot Potato will not be needed, as the barrier protects your plants from Hunter Zombies. When zombies drop Plant Food, it is recommended to use them on Pepper-pults. Although the Homing Thistle's upgrade can be powerful, it does not last long enough to be of any use. If you use an Infi-nut's barrier, it is also recommended to save at least one Plant Food in case the barrier is destroyed.
Fill the back column with Pepper-pults and fill the next with Flare Peas. Everything should die if you play your Plant Food right.
- The player can only have two Plant Food in this level. One obtained initially and the other one is carried by a Dodo Rider Zombie.
- There is a chance that the player will get two more Plant Food, one from a Hunter Zombie and one from a Cave Buckethead Zombie. Frostbite Caves' other Last Stand level also does this.