|Wand of Freezing|
|Abilities|| Time Snare |
Frost Rose is the Rare ice variant of Rose. Like all the other ice-based characters, Frost Rose sacrifices some of her damage in exchange for a freezing ability. Once an enemy is hit by Frost Rose's projectiles, they will become chilled, causing them to suffer from a slight movement speed penalty and to gain a blue, frosty visual overlay. If Frost Rose hits a target multiple times in a quick succession, she will freeze the enemy solid, fully immobilizing them and preventing them from using any abilities. Frost Rose's primary weapon is also semi-auto compared to other the other Rose variants. She was revealed in a live PopCap stream, where she is revealed that she can charge up attacks like the Future Cactus.
"Frost Rose once rode a majestic Yeti Chomper into battle. The resulting victory was so convincing that the mere whisper of it makes Zombies shake in their boots."
Hold down fire to charge her icy shots. The longer you charge, the quicker your enemies will freeze!
- Reduced health from 125 to 100
- Reduced weapon homing
- Is now slowed down when charging up weapons
- Increased maximum tracking angle by 5 degrees
- Increased lock-on distance by 5m
- Slightly increased reticle to target lock-on angle
- Increased projectile speed
- Increased damage of mid charged shots from 20-25
- Increased damage of maxed-charged shots from 35 to 40
- Increased rate of fire
- Increased mid-charged shot damage from 25 to 30
- Increased max-charged shot damage from 40 to 45
- Reduced ammo reduction per shot for low-charged shots from 4 to 2
- Reduced ammo reduction per shot for mid-charged shots from 6 to 4
- Reduced charge time to max-charged by 0.5s
July 2016 Patch
- Increased damage of regular shot from 6 to 7.5
- Increased damage of first charged shot from 30 to 33
- Increased damage of second charged shot from 45 to 50
Places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud, and slows down all Zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Rose into pure energy, making it immune to damage and allows it to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any Zombies hit by it into goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if it hits more than one.
Frost Rose takes its support role further than all of the other Roses, with her main weapon being capable of low damage while freezing zombies with the final charge. It is a force to be reckoned with if you are with an ally that has high damage output, but has trouble hitting most moving targets, such as Agent Pea. Alone however, you will find yourself in trouble if you don't freeze your enemy in a 1v1 since your damage is low for the commitment you have to do compared to the other Rose variants, so stick with the team and let them do the damage for you.
Alone, Frost Rose is more of an annoyance than a threat, since it has low damage and a small clip size. The most threatening thing about her is when she is combined with strong allies that can do serious damage in a short time frame, so if she is with an ally, take her out first before you end up being frozen in place, or else you will become vanquish fodder for her ally. Taking her out at long range is a wise decision, since its level three charge is difficult to aim without the assistance of its homing.
- In the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC, the following nerfs were applied to Frost Rose.
- Her health was reduced to 100, like all Rose variants.
- A fully charged shot now deals only 40 damage, from 50.
- She can no longer instant-freeze zombies.
- Frost Rose moves much slower when charging up her primary weapon.
- However, like Fire Rose, in the Trouble in Zombopolis DLC, the following applies:
- Her speed penalty when charging is removed, meaning that she retains the speed she had while charging before the Graveyard Variety Pack.
- In the August 2 balance patch, the Wand of Freezing's damage was increased for the 1st and 2nd charges.
- She actually resembles the Snow Queen or Elsa from Frozen.
- She, Fire Rose and Nec'Rose are the only Rose variants to have unique eye colors.
- Her Stickerbook entry states that she once rode a Yeti Chomper, another playable character, into a battle.