Freeze Mushroom (寒冰菇; pinyin: hán bīng gū) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He shoots projectiles that can slow down and damage zombies. Like Sun-shroom, Strawburst and Flame Mushroom, he grows over time in three stages. However, instead of getting stronger attacks like his fire counterpart, his projectiles will slow down more zombies when fully grown.
Note: Freeze Mushroom's recharge is Mediocre in-game.
寒冰菇 (Freeze Mushroom)
Sun cost: 175
寒冰菇最讨厌冬天, 困为他睡觉的时候根本暖和不起来, 最可怕的是每当此早上起床都会看倒壁炉里结着厚厚的一层冰棱, 这个时候他就会无比羡慕他的同胞兄弟烈焰菇。
Freeze Mushroom grows with the release of his increasingly powerful magic attack in front of the zombies.
Plant feature: blue plant, healthy and strong, mushroom family, mysterious mage
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Freeze Mushroom grows to full size and creates two ice sinkholes for four seconds. Any zombie that steps on the ice will slip into the hole and die.
He creates three ice sinkholes instead of two.
Freeze Mushroom is one of the stronger freezing options. Being able to deal damage to multiple zombies at the time with the bonus of slowing them down (plus freezing if he was at at least level 2), a Plant Food effect where he negates the health of the zombie (allowing it to instantly kill level 4 Knight Zombies and the like), costing only 175 sun, a relatively fast recharge, and having a projectile where it cannot be deflected by any zombies (except for Hammer Zombie and Nunchaku Zombie), he is a very powerful plant. Take note that for him to reach his full potential, Freeze Mushroom requires time to grow, so make sure to use other plants to protect Freeze Mushroom.
Freeze Mushroom's Plant Food effect can only occur one at the time so do not use your Plant Food on a second freeze mushroom as no new sinkholes will be made. Also, these sinkholes cannot trap Gargantuars or Zombie Bulls as they are too big, and Wizard Zombies, Archmage Zombies, Jester Zombies or Poncho Zombies for unknown reasons.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Freeze Mushroom.
- He is one of five plants that grow in three stages, the others being Sun-shroom, Flame Mushroom, Strawburst and Kiwibeast.
- In the costumed upgrade menu, Freeze Mushroom sometimes will not play his correct Plant Food effect.
- His cap resembles a wizard's hat, referring to his wizard-like powers. He shares this trait with Flame Mushroom.
- Based on the preview pictures, he was going to cost 25 sun.
- He, Flame Mushroom, Chester Chomper, Shamrockstar, Water Chestnut, and Soul Patch are the only plants with facial hair. Tall-nut, Starfruit, Dandelion, and Oak Archer also have facial hair via their costumes.
- Gargantuars will try to smash the ice created by his Plant Food ability, but they cannot destroy them.
- Unlike Flame Mushroom, his face does not change with growth. This is possibly a glitch.
- He is the first plant to only be able to use his Plant Food ability one at a time. To use the attack again, the player must wait until the end of the first attack.
- This was most likely done to prevent issues with the game dragging zombies to multiple holes at once.
- He cannot be used in Sky City levels. This is because his Plant Food ability involves cracking the ground. However, he can be used in Air Raid. Similarly, Agave cannot be used in Sky City for the same reason.